atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John807 E-MetroTel - 11/30/17 01:48 AM
Greetings,
E-MetroTel has been around awhile now. Has anybody migrated a Nortel to it? I had a demo unit a long time ago unfortunately it looked like it was made in someones basement. Anybody know if it has improved at all?
Thanks,
Posted By: Curlycord Re: E-MetroTel - 11/30/17 01:53 AM
LOL

There are some Norstar/BCM techs that love it.

My thinking is if the client really needs to keep the sets then that is the best way to go instead of an IPO migration.

It depends on why or what the clients is after for the need to change KSU.
Posted By: John807 Re: E-MetroTel - 11/30/17 02:03 AM
Yep I did a painful IPO migration a few years ago. They lost the Nam and didn't feel it was cost conscious to replace it. Did the IPO got a call the on "another call" didn't show in the screen when they called a busy extension. Replaced the nortel sets with digital 1416's Blf's and brick's to power the Blf's I think I broke even. Never again.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: E-MetroTel - 01/13/18 11:37 PM
What is EMetro-Tel
Is that an IP office using the Norstar phones
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: E-MetroTel - 01/14/18 03:45 AM
Company was founded in 2009 and it's experienced professionals are the genesis of the company.
Many of the company's employees are former Avaya/Nortel employees with deep topical knowledge of enterprise products & services.
Also Company maintains a global client base and it's management and technical leadership are recognized as leaders in the field of Telephony applications communications.
E-MetroTel's mission is to lead by building relationships through innovative solutions that achieve a competitive advantage while enriching lives.

Basically X Nortel engineers that wanted to keep Nortel going.
Posted By: Sun1 Re: E-MetroTel - 02/28/18 01:57 AM
UCx is light years ahead of where it was just 3 or 4 years ago. My company started Nortel, went Avaya of course, and now we also install UCx. UCx is much preferred over IPO by the techs. Worth a another look.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help