atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NTlayoff NAM on MICS - 01/16/18 02:21 AM
All of my compatibility Charts only go up to 6.1
Does anyone have a chart for 7.1?
I would love a copy.

I have a customer with a MICS 4.1 and NAM Voice Mail.
Problem is it just does a reset when it feels like it.
Not a Power issue - it is now on a brand new UPS. - same problem.

If I have to replace the KSU I would like to go to 7.1 since it has a PRI.
But then I have to make sure the NAM VM will still work.
I have a feeling it will not.

I could just try a new power supply - not too expensive.
I could try a new Software card - 4.1 - will it keep its programming when I replace it?? Will it keep the PRI key code?

The next step is to replace the KSU. and s/w card. Does that great piece of ____ Avaya still change Key Codes for a new Sys ID ?

Trying to find the fix for the reset and keep the costs down for the customer.
Thanks for any feedback.

Posted By: John807 Re: NAM on MICS - 01/16/18 02:54 AM
I think the last Nam release was 4.1 which would be compatible with 7.1. If you change the ksu the system ID will change and the Pri keycode would need to be regenerated. If memory serves me correctly if you go to 7.1 with out going through the upgrade steps and just short the cap you can still use the Pri code as long as you have a record of it. I would make a back up using NRU and try a new power supply first. Then the S/W and then the cabinet as a last resort.
Good Luck, let us know what you find.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: NAM on MICS - 01/18/18 12:33 PM
Swap 4.1 for 4.1 should not effect anything.
However shorting caps not changing the system ID is something I had thought would have but never tested it.....there are many case where people say a STARTUP did not change their SYSID's
And FYI if starting from scratch you can upgrade without shorting caps by simply doing a STARTUP then when "Applying Template wait 20 secs, pull the power and swap the software.

Somehow if I recall and Avaya support tech did a favor a few years back and re-generated a PRI code after Norstar support ended (BCM is November 2018), best to call and ask first.

This is where I keep a fully loaded BCM50 w/Exp Cabinets and DTI Mod and Station/Trunk Mod in the truck just in case.

Here is the 7.1 Matrix
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: NAM on MICS - 01/18/18 02:08 PM
Curlycord: Thanks for the 7.1 Matrix
Right now I am waiting for one more reset - then I will go for the 4.1 s/w Card.

Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help