atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mrCanoehead Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 02:17 PM
I have a 2 MB .wav or .mp3 file that I want to use as a voicemail greeting on a CallPilot release 4.0 system. Our IT dept is demanding that I provide the file in .vbk format. Have so far failed to find software that can do the conversion, at least not that I am able to download without an Avaya account. Please advise if there are any converters out there on the Internet, or if someone has a moment to convert the file for me?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 03:15 PM
I did a BING search and it showed me at least one program to do that.
Is the program good bad or other???
Don't know.
Posted By: mrCanoehead Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 03:21 PM
Please advise as to the name of the program you found? Have looked at the first five pages on Bing, for ".wav to .vbk." No joy.
All the programs (iTunes...et cetera) for file conversion shoow how to convert FROM .vbk TO .wav or .mp3.

CallPilot audio files use a proprietary codec and hence you cannot convert to their format.
Posted By: mrCanoehead Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 04:37 PM
Yep.

If anyone with the appropriate software is willing to help, no problem to send a small Paypal payment to get this done
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 04:58 PM
Callpilot Player should be able to convert it.
This is installed with or in the "Desktop Messaging" software.

You wavs should be recorded as (or converted to)
8 bit
16 khz mono

Then convert to vbk
Posted By: mrCanoehead Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 06:49 PM
Sadly, I have no copy of Callpilot Player, and our IT dept has so far failed to find theirs. Like I said, I can find no way of downloading this software from the Avaya site without a username/password, and I doubt the company I work for has a service contract.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 07:11 PM
Never used it - don't know anything about it.
But it says convert MP3 to VBK

Convert MP3 to VBK

Use at your own risk.
Posted By: mrCanoehead Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 07:35 PM
Obvious malware.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI used to design the mixed signal bits in OC-192 PHY chips that went into Nortel switches; was great until Nortel stopped paying and I got laid off.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/12/18 10:52 PM
Enough shooting down suggestions.
Call the vendor whom services your system.

xxxxxxxx....kick in the face.

Posted By: mrCanoehead Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/13/18 12:33 AM
Shrug. 3 minute job for anyone who knows what they are doing. It is not semiconductor design.

Pretty sure if I click on anything on that page, my computer will get syphilis.

"Call the vendor who services your system." Ha ha he makes a joke. Our outsourced IT people are somewhere in an unpleasant part of the Punjab. If they knew how, they would have done it six weeks ago when I first asked them.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Convert file from .mp3/.wav to .vbk? - 02/13/18 02:05 AM
A tad racist too I see.

Was not a joke, I said Vendor and not some IT company.
This is what most companies do....they call the appropriate vendors for service on the product and not some 3rd party.

Maybe you should drop the third party and get with a proper Vendor if you are not so happy.

Does your company call the plumber when the roof leaks?
That was a joke.
grin

Originally Posted by mrCanoehead
I have a 2 MB .wav or .mp3 file that I want to use as a voicemail greeting on a CallPilot release 4.0 system. Our IT dept is demanding that I provide the file in .vbk format. Please advise if there are any converters out there on the Internet, or if someone has a moment to convert the file for me?

As the manual (page 59 stated) states:

To convert a .wav file to a .vbk file

CallPilot 100/150 only supports a .vbk file import. It is possible to convert the recorded greeting,
prompt, or name .wav files into .vbk files using the CallPilot Player. The recorded greeting,
prompt, or name must be in the following .wav format before you convert it to a .vbk file:

• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM

1 On the File menu click Open.
The File Open dialog box appears.

2 Select the .wav file you want to convert and click Open.

3 On the File menu, click Save As.
The File Save dialog box appears

4 In the File Name box, type a name for the file, select a folder to keep the file in, and then click
Save. Save the file as a .vbk file.

You really should contact an Avaya Dealer in your area to service your system. Especially if your Off-Shore I.T Department cannot service your needs.

If you filled out your user profile, perhaps someone can help find a dealer in your area...Canada is a big area and not all companies service the entire country!

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help