atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Allen Wesley Nortel BCM50 on-hold features - 05/09/18 08:03 PM
I have a customer who is wanting to give callers the option of pressing a number while on-hold to get to a voicemail box. I have scoured the google machine for this answer and yet to see one. If anyone here knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel BCM50 on-hold features - 05/09/18 08:31 PM
No, there is no choice when on hold.

Consider using Call Park (Feature 74), this way the call will bounce back to reception after the programmed time.

Or better yet utilize Auto Attendant, that is what is job is for.
Caller calls in, listens to the greeting/choices then enters the choice.

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Nortel BCM50 on-hold features - 05/10/18 02:13 AM
Can always set up Call Center.
I believe that will put you on hold waiting for someone to answer - but gives you the opportunity to press a number and it
will go somewhere depending on how you set it up. I think including a mail box.

It has been a long time since I worked with Call Center, so I am sure someone will tell me I am full of it - if I am wrong.

Add to this:
I think it is something like this.
Please hold for the next agent (or whatever you want to say), puts you on hold for x secs.
Then comes back: Please continue to hold or press 1 to leave a message. Then puts you on hold for x secs.
Etc untill an "agent" is open to take the call.

May not work for you - but that is how to leave a message while on hold.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Nortel BCM50 on-hold features - 05/10/18 11:15 AM
Yes! Press X to leave a message when listening to the main greeting and it will go to the Skillsets mailbox.

But for the option to be presented after your on hold would that be only if you have Intelligent Call Center where you can also choose to have callers go anywhere such as AA or CCR?

Note using Call Center requires reception to act as an Agent which means logging in and out as required.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help