atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Adding a KIM to BCM - 12/14/20 06:53 PM
BCM 450 v. 6 .

There is an existing T24 KIM unit attached to ext 266 that has been working fine for a long time. Customer wants to add another KIM to ext 282, which I did. The programming in the BCM says there is no KIM assigned to ext 266. The keys all have eternal dial numbers on them. I tried copying from ext 266 to 282 and got nothing.

If I assign a KIM to 266 (which already has keys programmed), will I loose what's on the KIM? Or should I assign KIM 1 to ext 282? Or just take the time and F*1 and put in each external dial number?

Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Adding a KIM to BCM - 12/14/20 08:10 PM
I am pretty sure you will not lose anything but you could test by programming a couple things on the new one then have that KIM assigned (and check Capabilities&Pref/KIM to see if populated) and if all good assign the other KIM too.

Best to always assign the at least the first CAP/KIM on a set when it is installed, also lets you move lines to it.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Adding a KIM to BCM - 12/14/20 09:22 PM
I suppose the original KIM was never assigned and just had external keys programmed onto it? Is the only thing missing by doing it that way, is that you can't add a line key? And can't copy to another set?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Adding a KIM to BCM - 12/15/20 01:36 AM
For the T24 unit it has 2 configurations.

KIM and eKIM

The eKIM can have line appearances, Target Lines, and Hunt Group appearances.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Adding a KIM to BCM - 12/15/20 03:24 AM
Too add..

In CAP Assignment section:
If you don't assign the KIM then it is in Ordinary KIM mode (OKIM)
If you do assign a KIM then it is now in Enhanced KIM mode (eKIM)

BEM Warning in CAP Assignment - when assigning a DN: "If the CAP/KIM set is changed, the new set and old set will reset when the session is closed"
I am guessing this means if you remove a KIM/CAP from one set and install it to the new set you assigned, this would then not apply to you if I read right as you are not relocating.

I would assign only the new set in CAP Assignment, then try the copy from old to new (via BEM and not telset), if it takes then proceed to assign a CAP/KIM to the original DN.

This is really for a reception or backup reception set that has a lot of lines when it comes to T series phones, for IP sets it's almost a must since they have only 2, 4 or 6 buttons on the phone models.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Adding a KIM to BCM - 12/21/20 02:51 AM
I did as suggested and no problems losing any button programming. But I couldn't copy from the original KIM to the new one. Even after assigning each of them to an extension. So I just did each key individually on the new one. From the BEM. Done.

Thanks for all the help.
Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help