atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 12:46 AM
I thought I was done with this project, but nothing is simple.
You might remember a post a couple months ago about adding a KIM and programming the buttons. I couldn't copy, so I just programmed each button as external autodial with 9 and the number. I did this remotely, called the customer the next morning and thought we were done.

Today they tell me the KIM isn't working, and likely hasn't ever worked. I logged in and everything looks ok. They tell me that when they press a button, it says 'please select a line'.

I'll stop by in person tomorrow, but not sure what to look for. We're using SWCA for this, if it matters.
Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 01:44 AM
If they press the Intercom button and dial the same number as you programmed - Does it Work?
That is the best test for it.

Does this have PRI or Analog lines?

Is the programming for that extension, set for PRIME as I/C - for PRI? (and have destination codes not line pool codes)
Is the programming for that extension, set for Line Pool - for Analog lines?
Posted By: Curlycord Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 04:11 AM
Actually it was only 3 weeks ago and two threads down...long holiday eh? grin

HNY

I agree about the sets Prime Line needing correction as "'please select a line' indicates it needs auto access to a line or you will have to manually access it first before pressing the autodial button, the same action as if you would lift the handset.
Sounds like it is set to "None"
The long workaround would be to remove the 9 from the autodial button, manually access your line: press an analog line then press the auto dial button, or for Pools or PRI press Intercom, dial 9 then press autodial button.

Much nicer to change the Prime Line instead...

If you are using a code to dial out on a PRI then your Prime Line should ideally be set to "Intercom", so when the button is pressed it will then grab Intercom then dial the 9XXX-XXX-XXXX as you have programmed.

This method also works with analog lines be it they use Dest codes or Pool codes.
If you have analog line appearances the call will jump to the line button instead of Intercom button.

With analog lines you can instead set Prime Line to "Pool x" and program just the phone number on the button without the Pool/Dest code.
Posted By: Yoda Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by Curlycord
Actually it was only 3 weeks ago and two threads down...long holiday eh? grin

Wow, it seemed longer than that! I'm going stir crazy _and_ loosing track of time.

We're using PRI on this system. I compared programming on the set that had the original kim to the set where I added a kim, and all seems the same. I looked for prime line too but don't see it. Must really be loosing it. I'll check again in the morning when I'm at the computer.
Posted By: Yoda Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 01:47 PM
Just looked at programming again. I notice that an external autodial button on a phone without a kim has the Value field set to Use Prime Line. I don't have the value field filled in on the kim buttons, and there is no choice to fill it in.

I know I've set the prime line in every other Nortel system I've installed, but this one with the PRI seems to confound me.

Thanks
Jim
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 07:11 PM
If you know when you will be going to site, let me know to see if I am available.
I can step you through it.
Or if you have a RAD on it I can dial in and check what you got.

Send me an email so we can put info in the email.
Posted By: Yoda Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/05/21 08:17 PM
Email sent. Thanks.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/06/21 05:56 PM
Try not to think of the Button programming values or differences and keep it simple.

Prime Line is under Sets
Choices are:
None
Intercom
Pool X
Line X

So it's as simple as programming Prime Line to Intercom under Sets and adding the Dest Code in your dial string on the Autodial button as I mentioned above.
Posted By: Yoda Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/07/21 04:11 AM
I see the prime line. Right in front of my face. Have changed it before on other occasions, but blinded by panic today, I guess. BTW, all sets already had prime line as ICM.

Found that the KIM buttons programmed via Element Manager would show the number and name just fine, and doing a button inquiry on the kim would show correct information. But pressing the button only caused the "select a line" message. If I programmed a button the old fashioned way with Feature *1, then it worked! I went through each of the 24 buttons and programmed via F*1.

Big thanks to NTLayoff for his help and moral support! Nice talking to you Jim. Thanks.

Jim
Posted By: Curlycord Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/08/21 05:22 PM
FYI in case you need to dial back in

You will not see the "Value" for the External Autodial when the CAP/KIM has been assigned under CAP/KIM Assignment.
It will play dumb and defaults to the Prime Line setting for the Set therefore you can not override it.

When Prime Line is Intercom:

When CAP is not assigned:
Function: External Auto Dial
Value: Prime Line
Digits 9XXXXXXXXXX
Name: Test

When CAP is assigned:
Function: External Auto Dial
Value: Prime Line
Digits 9XXXXXXXXXX
Name: Test

You should be able to program this remotely and not have to go to site or something is wrong.
I just tested the above on a BCM50 R6 fully patched with BEM 62.0.5 and Win 10/64 Pro.
Posted By: Yoda Re: More KIM trouble on BCM450 - 01/13/21 02:54 AM
Good information, Curlycord. I'll try it out again when I know I'll be there to check on it.
Thank you.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help