atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Meridian 1 PBX manuals and software - 12/28/22 08:21 PM
I have a possible new client with a Meridian 1 PBX by Northern Telecom installed.

I know the hardware side, but I have minimal experience on the software/programming side.

Can anyone provide resources that I can use to get up to speed?
Posted By: Toner Re: Meridian 1 PBX manuals and software - 12/28/22 08:39 PM
Boy, it's been quite a while since working on an M1 and unfortunately, I've never seen a good cheat sheet for the commonly used commands (although they must exist). 95% of what I learned was either shown to me or discovered by trial and error, the other 5% was pouring through the cumbersome manuals.

Once you're logged in most of what you do happens in ld 21 if I remember correctly. Print or CHG TNB, DNB etc.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Meridian 1 PBX manuals and software - 12/28/22 09:15 PM
ghtrout.com or pbxbook.com
Thanks.

ghtrout.com only goes to a temp page.

I found pbxbook.com, but thanks for mentioning it
Thanks for the tips.

I figured it would end up being a figure-it-out type of issue. I did discover that things like the Attendant PC software have been completely shut down unless you have it already registered.
This link is one of many available pages of difficult-to-find manuals. It doesn't use http, so just skip past that warning. Scroll about halfway down the page for Meridian 1 ACD, installation, maintenance and blah blah blah. It covers Meridian 1X11 and Meridian Max too. I have been known to support MICS and CICS but am nowhere near what I would call a Nortel guy, so I hope this is what you're looking for.
Posted By: dukane123 Re: Meridian 1 PBX manuals and software - 12/29/22 05:29 PM
SomerTel has some resources you might find useful.

- Meridian

- Guides (scroll to Meridian 1 section)

Try ghtrout.net. The .com link hasn't worked for a bit.
Thank you
Thank you
After X11 rls. 10 they had flexible LD programming. Most programming such as DNB, TNB, etc was usually accomplished through LD20. LD21 was RDB, CDB, LTM, etc.

Find out which model Meridian would be the first step. Each system has a minimum of 23 manuals. Most maintenance would be for single line sets, digital sets, and trunks. ACD would be a whole new ball of worms. Find out first if the ADMIN password is available.There is PSWD1 and PSWD2. PWSD2 is required to change the PSWD1 access.

Installed and maintained 100s of these sysems. Will see if I can find a current link for manuals support.
This is probaly the closest to get you to software programming:

https://pbxbook.com/meridian/admin/
Posted By: Toner Re: Meridian 1 PBX manuals and software - 12/30/22 07:56 PM
Right! LD 20, not LD21. LD21 was for ACD's which sounded intimidating at first, but then turned out to be fairly simply ring groups for the most part ;-)
To everyone that has supplied input on this.

Thank you very much.

I don't have the client yet, but I am working on it.
Update.

It looks like they are going to try and keep it in-house. They have someone who thinks they can handle it, and if they can't, they'll call me.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will cross my fingers.
Unless they are VERY WELL versed in the programming they will be reaching out. You will hear from them.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help