atcomsystems.ca/forum
DBS is integrated (in-band signalling) to a Vodavi Dispatch VM. Using the Debug mode of the VM I see that the DBS --only on sta 113 (port14) & sta 129 (port 30)--sends a 1 instead of a 7. We have copied other extensions attributes, we have manually programmed each phone...but to no avail. In the DBS programming we see a 7 (vm code to go to extension mail box) but when we see in on the laptap in action the digit is a 1 (vm code to go to auto attendant). All other extensions work just fine. We have checked every program that we can think of. Is there a program to extend the digit time that we are not aware of? The system is all working fine...we have switched those extensions to locations where no vm boxes are needed...but for my own sanity I'd like to find out what we are missing. Thanks in advance for any direction.
In you Dispatch change your mailbox option in you menus to an '8', then change all of your panasonic station settings & VM settings to inband of '8' and see if the problem continues. I know its a pain but it would rule out a VM problem.
I've worked on a few DBS's, Although I have never had this paticular problem. Try swapping your digital card with another slot, and see if the problem follows. Have you reset the DBS? what version of software? I have found that if you pull a card and reseat, it can fix alot of flaky behavior.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: DBS 40--CPCAII v 8--sends wrong digits to VM - 08/28/01 07:55 PM
First mistake was to use a Vodavi Dispatch. Or Vodavi anything. Aren't the Vodavi guys at their tech support real knowledgeable? Not. Throw out the Vodavi and start over with a good voice mail system such as a Prophet by Executive Voice.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help