atcomsystems.ca/forum
I want to buy programing software for the KX-TA 1232, 624 etc ... that is easy to use any suggestions would be welcome.

I have been looking at Programator and it looks good, but is there anything else.

TIA
fonetec
Panasonic has not released any software. I dont think you can program the ta systems with software. As far as I know the rs232 port is only for a printer. programming via the phone is easy just takes a few minutes. Stay away from the programarator

Hope this helps.

slim
Slim is absolutely right.
There small systems anyway and programming through the admin set really does not take much time.
I tried there voicemail master on a TVS 50 and it seemed to work pretty well, thats why I was wondering about the programator.

Also thanks for your help on that TVS 50 MrGemini.

fonetec
there is software for dealers for the ta1232. you may want to contact a distributor to see if they can get it for you. the ta systems do not require certification so I wouldn't see why panasonic would restrict the software. i don't recommend voicemail master or programmator. i am pretty sure i've made that clear in several posts.
the voicemails all program very simply and easily with hyperterminal. no reason to buy software when you already have everything you need. the manual is pretty straight forward as well on setting up the unit. programmator corrupts the software in the ksu. the 624 is small enough to program from the phone and the system comes with all the books and manuals so it is pretty straight forward. i would check into the software on the ta1232 though. i'll ask my rep as well. if they allow it then i'll download and email to you.
I sent you a email HtownDan.

TIA
fonetec
Dan, Slim; I stand corrected!
There is a dos tool for back-up & restore only
for the TA 1232 and there is also a windows based programming tool for the TA 1232.
But only for the TA1232, nothing for the TA624.
Both are from Panasonic direct to their dealers.
My apologies, I really don't do much in the way of analog.
Gem.
I too don't do much analog but have the programming tool on my laptop just in case i run across one. I found out from my panasonic rep that it is open to anyone that wants it. for those that do want it. i'll have it on my site for a short period of time to download. REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THE KX-TA1232 not the TD. ANALOG VERSION ONLY.

www.turnkeycom.com/FTP
Tanx HtownDan

Got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
HtownDan I just went to the b2b site and sure enough it was there. I dont do too many of the analog so i guess i jumped the gun on that one. If you ever need anything in the North Carolina are let me know.
How do you gain access to b2b site do you have to be a affiliated with panasonic ?

TIA
Fonetech, yes, you need to be a certified dealer
to have access to their B2B site.
Is there a better readme file or instructions with that program on b2b site, or do you use just the ones that come with in the program.

[This message has been edited by fonetec (edited April 10, 2004).]
Nice, I aprecate you sharing that, you may be saving me hours of work
IF and my question is, will this software with with the KX-TA624??.

If not can you recomend another one which is?..
I am currently trying to rig up a sudden replacment phone system the one here at my current job is suddenly and quickly on its way out.. and the KX-TA624 will the be emergency and perm replacment

thanks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HtownDan:
I too don't do much analog but have the programming tool on my laptop just in case i run across one. I found out from my panasonic rep that it is open to anyone that wants it. for those that do want it. i'll have it on my site for a short period of time to download. REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THE KX-TA1232 not the TD. ANALOG VERSION ONLY.

www.turnkeycom.com/FTP

</font>
Krusher, There is a dos tool for back-up & restore only
for the TA 1232 and there is also a windows based programming tool for the TA 1232.
But only for the TA1232,
nothing for the TA624.
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Thanks, Yea it seems this KX-TA624 Will be the one we will be going with, bummer to hear no software programming tho,

I am going oto have to program for 4 incoming co's and about 20 extentions, mixing 1/2 Biz and 1/2 home use..

oy..

Thanks for the messages to everyone glad to find this place and its a ACTIVE forum not one with tons of old dead messages!!

thanks everyone!

and if anyone finds out or with the updates of technology that there is something avaible lemme know..

One of my phones just lost co2!,,

LOL!! grrrr..

-----for fun and kicks Grab both ends of a phone line and call it from a cell...
(Not really but it feels funny =-) )

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MrGemini:
Krusher, There is a dos tool for back-up & restore only
But only for the TA1232,
nothing for the TA624.
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
</font>
I would not use the software for the KXTA1232 I am a certified panasonic tech and have installed them. Each time I have done so I have had problems each time. It usually has problems with programming DSS keys on the phones seems to only put in X 1 and not X 101. You will notice the lamps on the phone on due to not programmed correctly. Have told Tech support and they are not worth a crap, have not heard of any problems... they always say curupt data base default and reprogram
I used the programater for awhile for 624 no problems with it.Very Usefull for naming extensions with 24 ext,Labling pf keys,
I have a KX-TA624 unit, but no other telephones that go with it. I want to use it as a plain ole analog switch so I can perform a demo involving a wardialer. In testing the box, I have plugged an analog line into a modem, and am using that modem to dial another generic analog telephone.

telephone is plugged into Jack09, hyperterminal/modem is in jack18. From hyperterminal I try to dial atdt109
and I get NO CARRIER. I just can't get the
phone to ring (yes, I've tested it elsewhere and the phone is functional). I do hear the switch clicking, and I no longer hear dialtone when I pick up handset, but hyperterminal never knows a pickup occurred, or that the actual session went all the way through.

Hyperterminal is set up to use the proper COM port, 9600 8N1 parity.

Any clues? I can't find anything online to help me, all I find is how to program phones that come with the system (which I don't have).

[This message has been edited by Karyn (edited September 03, 2004).]
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, but here goes. When you pick-up the phone that's supposed to ring, does the clicking stop? Also, the modem that is dialing out, is looking for another modem. I only see one in the equation so far. Was the KX-TA 624 new out of the box? If you have two phones, try the same set-up to make sure that the switch programming isn't causing a problem. This would only be a problem with a used switch, that may have had some custom programming in it, ie, station call forwarding, etc.
I took your suggestion and found a second generic analog phone. Dialed one phone with the other. The recipient phone did not ring, but I heard the KX-TA624 clicking. So when the recipient phone was answered (without any ring) the connection was there, I was able to communicate with my coworker at the other end.

I unscrewed the top of the KX-TA624 unit. Inside there is a battery welded to a board, as well as various dip switches and a "reset" button. I know this unit is at least 3+ years old, and has gone unplugged for at least a year. Do you think the battery is what gives phones the extra boost to ring? Also, what will hitting the "reset" button do? Dare I attempt it?

As I stated before, there are no docs anywhere I can find that discuss this. It's very frustrating. If you find any, please send me a pointer!

Here's what I need to do. I have software (product called PhoneSweep) that is a wardialer. I also have software (product called Sandtrap) that is a wardialer-detector-honeypot. I need to do a demo to show PhoneSweep dialing into Sandtrap.

However, Sandtrap doesn't know it's being dialed into unless it "hears a ring". Thus, I am trying to get this switch to produce a ring that Sandtrap's modem will "hear" and answer.

[This message has been edited by Karyn (edited September 08, 2004).]
The battery you found is the cmos battery that holds programming in loss of power. The reset button restores to factory defalts when following proceedures in the manual. If the system has sat for a year without power it probably has already returned to default but resetting it would be a good idea. To use slt's on the switch it needs to be programmed as it it is not on at default, (program 610). If you're comfortable with programming, use the manuals link above and get a manual for this system.

Kerry
What is an "slt"? Thanks!
It stands for single line telephone also refered to as an industry standard telephone or ist. The panasonic 7000 series and 7700 series phone that the system uses are propritary and uses two pairs to communicate with the system. Slt's use one pair and are of the type that you can hook up to the CO line with out a switch. A modem like you are trying to use is a slt type device.
that sofware works for the ta308? i am newie and i want to program my ta308 using my pc, are the pbxsoftware.com good for that or what do you recomend to me

thanks a lot
3 lines and 8 phones. why? it would take you more time to hook up your laptop, program each line and each extension then to do it from the phone. nothing has been released for the system by panasonic. it isn't necessary. the software you mention will corrupt the programming and void your warranty.
Not sure if it was some fluke, but the last time I purchased a KXTA-1232, the CD that comes with it, has the programming software on it. only works with the 1232 though.
ONCE again,
There is a dos tool for back-up & restore only for the TA 1232 and there is also a windows based programming tool for
the TA 1232.
But only for the TA1232,
nothing for the TA624 or TA 308
As my co-moderator stated, "why would anyone need a laptop or software "tool" to program such a small system as the TA 308 or 624.
This topic is closed

------------------
Don't get me started!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help