atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mhz Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/06/04 04:34 AM
I have a quick question on tghe Panasonic DBS 824. How do you change extentions on the phone's when two people want to switch office and we just want to make one ext another? In the manual it says something about Auto Set relocation code, however I have not been able to figure out how to set one up
Posted By: martin Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/06/04 05:10 AM
swap jumpers in the phone room
Posted By: mhz Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/06/04 05:13 AM
Thanks, but you cant just change the ext. from the individual phones on this system?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/06/04 08:59 AM
There is no "set relocation" option on the 824. Although you can change the extension in system programming, it may get complicated because you may also need to change the display name and the voicemail id codes. The easiest way is Martin's suggestion.
Posted By: HtownDan Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/06/04 04:10 PM
i agree. it will take you 30 seconds to swap jumpers versus a huge mixup in system programming.
Posted By: mhz Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/07/04 04:55 AM
Thansk for everyones help.. I have never realy been involved on the phone end of things before, I do have a punch tool, and specific instructions as to how to move the jumpers. I looked at the panel and do see two wires going to what is labled the extentions, I just swap those two wires correct with the extention I want to change it to...if that makes since.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/07/04 06:02 AM
Yes, providing the blocks are labeled correctly.
what you are doing is switching the cross connect at the MDF.
pull 1 wire off and see if one of the extensions you want to move goes down, do the same for the other. If they go down then you know the blocks are labeled correctly and just switch them and punch them down.
Posted By: mhz Re: Panasonic DBS 824 - 04/07/04 07:58 AM
Thansk again everyone, I will try that if I have trouble I will more than likley let you all know and ask for more help.... Hopefully everything will go smooth.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help