atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: john123 ARS 10 Second Delay on DBS-576 - 05/24/04 01:24 PM
I have a DBS-576 which I just installed PRI-ISDN service on. 23 B-Channels, 1 D-Channel.

There is also a trunk group of 5 analog trunks.

When you dial out of the phone system there is a 10 second delay. The telco says PRI-ISDN has super fast call set up time and says the problem is in the systems programming.

My installer says the delay is an inherent problem with PRI-ISDN, and the only way to overcome the delay is to dial # after the digits.

This is not the answer we wanted, as It would seem to me there has got to be something that can be done in software to correct this problem.

Can anybody shed some light on what we might do to overcome this delay.

Thanks!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: ARS 10 Second Delay on DBS-576 - 05/25/04 08:38 AM
You can decrease the interdigit timer from the default 10 secs to 3 or 5 seconds, but that gives you less time to dial the whole phone number and you will still have to wait 3 to 5 seconds after dialing the number for your call to go through. Instead, have your installer adjust the 'ISDN Outgoing Control' (FF1 0 01 0019) and its related programs as described in the programming manual, and the 'En Bloc/Overlap Digit Send' program in FF1. If done correctly, the DBS will send the dialed digits to telco as soon as all the correct number of digits have been dialed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help