atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chemcl DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 10/24/04 12:44 PM
I have a double cabinet DBS 96 and 96 that just got a T-1 installed. I can get the system to work without the ADTRAN ACE CSU but if I try to use the ADTRAN it won't. Do the cables to and from the ADTRAN have to be a certain way? Since it works without the ADTRAN does one of the cables have to be reversed when it goes through the ADTRAN? HELP!! I know that I have to have it per FCC regulations. ANYBODY????

[This message has been edited by chemcl (edited October 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by chemcl (edited October 24, 2004).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 10/25/04 10:19 PM
Don't use a CSU.
We won't tell the FCC in you won't [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I know of several people who connect one for an initial install and remove it after the cutover

It sounds like you've either got a bad cable or a bad CSU.
Posted By: chemcl Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 10/25/04 10:29 PM
Well, the cable works without the ADTRAN, and I've gotten a new ADTRAN thinking the first one was bad so...I was thinking maybe the cable had to be reversed or something through the ADTRAN but wasn't sure. Do you know?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 10/25/04 11:16 PM
If you use CAT5 straight-through cables for both the CSU and the T1 card you should be ok. Athough you can probably get away without using a CSU, there may be a day when telco tries to loop the CSU for diagnostic purposes like when the t1 goes down.
Posted By: bullseyecwe Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 11/04/04 02:50 PM
I have had this problem before and I think the solution was to reverse the cable from the adtran to the ISDN card in the DBS. Not a crossover, but a complete reverse 1-8 on one end an 8-1 on the other. It was that or maybe I bumped my head. Try it. The cable not bumping your head.
Posted By: chemcl Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 11/04/04 10:07 PM
I'll give that a shot. I just went out there yesterday and tried with new cables that were straight through and of course that didn't work so...I'm willing to give it a try. THANKS!!
Posted By: newyearseve Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/14/04 03:32 PM
What type of Adtran unit do you have. I may not be programmed correctly.
Posted By: newyearseve Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/14/04 03:34 PM
does it have a display or not?
Posted By: chemcl Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/14/04 06:13 PM
It's an Adtran ACE CSU/DSU. It does not have a display. It just has the switches for the distance and that's it.
Posted By: chemcl Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/14/04 06:13 PM
Also switching the cable didn't work either.
Posted By: batman Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/15/04 05:48 PM
The switch is for setting the framing for the T-1, must match the provider. ESF/SF, B8ZS and so on.
Posted By: chemcl Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/15/04 09:35 PM
No not on this one...it's for the distance that the cable is...but thank you!!
Posted By: bullseyecwe Re: DBS/T-1/ADTRAN HELP!! - 12/16/04 02:02 PM
Sorry for the wiring mistake. I looked through my notes and that was the solution to fix a Panamax T-1 lightning protector going out to the ISDN card. Have you tried a T-1 crossover cable. Pairs 1&2 and 4&5 are the Pairs for T-1. If nothing else has worked try it. I hope this helps.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help