atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brewofebb KX-TA624 Lamp in-op and Dual Receptionist? - 11/05/04 02:18 PM
I have a KX-TA624 with a TVS 50 VM system. Ond one of the phones has a problem with the Message Waiting Lamp. It will not light up. I reset the phone with 790, I verified in VM that the feature was turned on, I also did the "return to message waiting" from the user manual. Anyone have another idea?? I swapped phones.. not a hardware issue...Looking for any resolution to try.

Also I am looking for insight on the best way to set up two receptionists? Currently all the CO lines appear on all the phones but only ring on one phone. Now there is another receptionist starting and they want me to try to get her phone to ring just like the other phone. Do I just need to go into Programming 414,415,& 416 and assign them to ring on this other station as well?? or is there something else I need to do? What works the best.

Thanks
Will the MWL light on that phone at all?
Switch it to a port that you know has a working MWL and leave a message.
Or call that extension and while it's ringing press the message waiting button on the phone your calling from and see if that MWL lights.

To assign ringing to another extension go into 408-409 & 410
If anything is assigned in 414, 415 or 416 make sure nothing is set as DIL 1-1
If it is change it to normal.
Gem
First .. Thanks for the info on the setting up a second Receptionist..

As for the MWL I did swap the phone to another port and the phone physically is fine. I am considering my only option is to delete the port and reprogram it all together. Any other options??
Can you manually light the message waiting light?
If so, delete that mailbox and rebuild it.
Did you get my e mail ?
Gem.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited November 08, 2004).]
Okay everything is fixed. I finally had to delete the VM port and rebuild it.

Thanks for the help
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help