atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ka_tech Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/16/04 10:25 AM
My system has been working great until I wanted to use the Caller ID functionality. We have an automated attendant answer all the incoming calls and then the caller enters the extension. All I want is to pass the caller id info to the extension. I can't get this to work right ... I did get this to work with some crazy forwarding but this caused all the lights on the phone (KX-T7730) to blink for each extension. Is this possible to do? I feel I am missing something simple.
Posted By: kingtel Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/16/04 11:53 AM
Your 624 does require an optional Caller ID Card.
Have you checked Sys Prog 900 for caller ID assignment to CO lines?
Posted By: ka_tech Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/16/04 12:17 PM
Yes. It does have the card. And it is set-up for caller id for the CO. The system is getting the caller id information, but I can't get it to send the caller id information to the extension. It appears to work if I don't have an automated attendant set-up, but when the caller uses the automated attendant to get to an extension I lose the caller ID informaion. The extension says call from CO-1 or C0-2, w/ no caller id information.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/16/04 06:58 PM
Does it work if you turn off the auto attendant.
It may be that you don't have the auto attendant delayed enough to get the cid info.
Posted By: ka_tech Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/17/04 06:20 AM
Yes I did get it to work with the auto attendant turned off. But with the auto attendant turned on it didn't work.

I guess my real question is ... am I trying to do something this system cannot do? Has anyone been able to get this to work with an automated attendant?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/17/04 09:31 AM
Of coarse it works.
Do you have the TVS 50 set for a delay of 1 or 2 rings so it can grab the cid Info. ?
Posted By: ka_tech Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/17/04 01:33 PM
I love it ... "of course it will work!" [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Nice direct answer. Great then I will keep trying to get this to work. Ok .. it is set to pick up after 1 ring. What do you suggest I set it too.
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/17/04 03:21 PM
I have the same setup at my house, I have Vmail on a DIL to Vmail. When it transfers out of VMail it shows caller ID so yes it indeed works. Ensure you have program 900 setup. Other then that you should be fine, you could always hook up to the SMDR and see if you get caller ID there to ensure it is getting to the system.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited December 17, 2004).]
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/17/04 06:18 PM
I think your in over your head.
Contrary to what most internet dealers want you to believe, this really isn't a "plug & play" system.
I would recommend you call a Tech.

------------------
Don't get me started!
Posted By: peter doyle Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/20/04 04:06 PM
Wait for Caller ID (WCID)
Use the WCID command to specify the length of time (in seconds) the VPS must wait for the
Caller ID after the VPS has received the incoming call from the PBX

use procomm or hyperterm

Type WCID, then Press RETURN.
output to screen
$ WCID
WAIT TIME FOR CALLER ID (5 sec) [0-60 sec] : = 0(input 5sec)
Posted By: ka_tech Re: Caller ID w/ KX-TA624 and TVS50 - 12/21/04 02:00 PM
Thanks that did the trick! Very easy Fix! FYI ... I orginally did have a Tech out to set-up the caller id for me. I was told that my analog phone system could not "support" the "digital like" caller id functionality I wanted. Then he tried to sell me a NEW digital phone system to replace the one I had. Something didn't smell right. Glad to see I was right! Thanks for everyones help!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help