atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JoshTheGr888 DBS & Background Music - 12/29/04 11:59 AM
I'm really pretty clueless with phone systems, but I'm thinking this particular problem probably has a simple solution... which would prevent me from having to wait 2 weeks for the useless tech to finally get off his lazy rear end and get over here.

I'm experienced in programming & I've assembled dozens of PCs, so I'm not so clueless that I'll totally wreck the whole system... I think...

The system is a Panasonic DBS. As for specifics, I know that all the phones are VB-43225, and the SCC card is VB-43420.

We're just trying to play BGM on the phones, & we'd like to not have MOH for the time being. When we do begin playing MOH, we'd like them to be separate inputs.

So I connect the RCA plug to the "BGM" port on the SCC card... Nothing. I've made sure that several of the phones have BGM turned on (ON/OFF, #53). But nothing when I plug the music into the BGM port.

Now, if I connect the music to the MOH port -- it works! Music from the phones! BUT, it also plays the same music to our customers while on Hold.... not what we want.

So... it seems to me that there's probably a simple configuration value to change or a jumper to move or a switch to flip... but I have no idea what it might be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Many thanks in advance.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: DBS & Background Music - 12/29/04 01:49 PM
I'm to lazy to check which one, but there *is* a jumper on the SCC card. Move it where it ain't and it will pull BGM from the RCA on the SCC card.

-Joe
www.austintele.com
Posted By: JoshTheGr888 Re: DBS & Background Music - 12/29/04 02:26 PM
hahaha, I wasn't implying that ALL phone techs are lazy... just MY phone tech. Takes weeks to get the dude to even return a phone call...

Thanks for the help... I'll look for jumpers on dat sucka. If there's more than one, then I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't smell smoke after pulling it.
Posted By: kingtel Re: DBS & Background Music - 12/30/04 10:49 AM
Hey JoshTheGr888,

Why are you not getting rid of this tech or vendor? They can't be the only game in town.
Posted By: paul144 Re: DBS & Background Music - 12/30/04 01:15 PM
My thoughts exactly. In a city the size of Houston, there must be at least a couple of official Panasonic dealers as well as many non-dealer installation companies that can handle the programming on that unit.

------------------
Panasonic Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited December 30, 2004).]
Posted By: HtownDan Re: DBS & Background Music - 12/30/04 02:10 PM
Josh - I'm Houston HQ. Give us a try. Next day service is not a problem and if you catch us right, even same day service.
Experienced with anything Voice, Video, Data, Security.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help