atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: berthbj Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/07/05 06:36 AM
Folks,
I'm fairly new at phone programming so speak slowly please....I've got a KXTD1232 KSU with TVS125 Voicemail that was pro-installed a few months ago. Within the past few weeks, one user has complained about voicemails from several different callers being cut off after 10-20 seconds. According to her there's no clear pattern. I've only been able to do limited testing and was able to leave a 30 sec msg with no problem. No other users have complained about this so I'm wondering if this user's callers are just cutting themselves off.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do know how to use HyperTerm and ProComm so feel free to point to those programs. Thanks for you time!

[This message has been edited by berthbj (edited April 07, 2005).]
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/07/05 08:15 AM
In COS of the TVS 125 you can assign how many messages a mailbox can have and how much TOTAL time is allocated. This is on a COS basis, not an individual mailbox basis.
I wounder if by chance this individual has a lot of saved messages?
I have seen this before and have found this to be the case.
It may also be the leangh of message may be set to low.
Would you please complete your profile.
Thanks, Gem

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited April 07, 2005).]
Posted By: berthbj Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/07/05 11:07 AM
Thanks for your quick response.
COS settings are fine (3min max/msg, 100msg/box, 100min/box). Currently this user only has 1 msg (15sec) in her box and she's only received a total of 49 msg since box was created so I'd be surprised if she ever hit the 100 minute maximum.

Any other suggestions? I'll add info to profile today.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/07/05 12:27 PM
Do you have a dual cabinet setup?
Posted By: berthbj Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/07/05 12:35 PM
Nope
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/07/05 03:22 PM
BertHbj, delete the mailbox and rebuild it from scratch.
Do this through the system managers mailbox, 999
not the laptop.
Keep us posted.
Thanks, Gem
Posted By: berthbj Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/11/05 07:40 AM
I tried to access box 999 via handset but I can't get the password right. I actually have never been in it before - I've just been using the 998 box for administrative stuff. Obviously this was a big oversight by our installer to not give me access to this important tool. I understand it's not policy to discuss password resetting in this public forum, but could someone email me instructions? Thanks!

------------------
Contact me if you'd like a tax deduction for a donation of Panasonic products to our Lexington, KY Nonprofit!
Posted By: berthbj Re: Voicemail Messages Cut Off - 04/11/05 09:28 AM
A Big Thanks to MrGemini!
He was kind enough to track down my phone number and provide complimentary support.

Thanks to Sundance Communications for the forum and to all the Moderators and Contributors that are so generous with advice.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help