atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: vcast New Hard Disk for TVS100 - 04/07/05 07:17 AM
I just put a new disk in our unit. It's bascially working. I did the quick setup, but the special mailboxes 998 and 999 are not setup. I tried to do the quicksetup again, and it error'd out and I had to reboot. Can I set up those mailboxes some other way?

Also, the new disk came with two PROM chips but no instructions. Should those be intalled somewhere?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: New Hard Disk for TVS100 - 04/07/05 08:20 AM
It sounds like you have an upgrade kit.
where did you get the drive from?
There should have been instructions for installing the prom chips.
please give us a little more Info.
Thanks, Gem.
Posted By: mdrmdr Re: New Hard Disk for TVS100 - 04/07/05 08:38 PM
Yo dude you may have just killed the drive; you must change the chips with the drive. Those chips are mated to the drive how you got it to work is at all is amazing. The reason is that they change the type of drive as to what is available at the time and to make up for the drive difference is to change the operating system to match the drive and the chips are the op sys.
Posted By: vcast Re: New Hard Disk for TVS100 - 04/09/05 01:27 PM
Ok, I replaced the ROMs and re-ran quickstart.

Now I have 998, and 999.

Also, the quickstart did NOT erase all of my existing programming. I was very happy about this.

I do have another question, but I'll start a new thread. Thanks for the responses!
Posted By: vcast Re: New Hard Disk for TVS100 - 04/09/05 01:32 PM
BTW, I got the drive direct from Panasonic, and it did not come with any instructions at all.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: New Hard Disk for TVS100 - 04/09/05 01:48 PM
I'll make a call and give em hell for ya! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Gem
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help