atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: petratech KX-T7456 - 04/13/05 09:04 PM
I'm so discouraged. The message waiting light on this phone will not work no matter what I do! Is there some setting I might be missing? I just can't figure it out. I'm using it with a KX--TD1232-7. If anyone has any clue what would cause the phone's message waiting light not to work please let me know. It's a brand new phone and system so unless there is an out of factory defect on it then I really must have something set wrong somewhere.

Christy
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KX-T7456 - 04/14/05 06:40 AM
Christy , are you referring to when a message is left in your voicemail?
Lets try to light it manually 1st.
From another extension press intercom, 701 and then your extension # and hang up.
Is this the only set that does not light?
Try this 1st then we'll get into the mailbox settings.
Gem
Posted By: petratech Re: KX-T7456 - 04/14/05 10:00 PM
OK I will try that first thing tomorrow, thank you.

We didnt' put message waiting light phones in the rooms. We just put in single line telephones. The only message light I need to light up is the digital set in the office. It seems like no matter what I do I can't get that indicator to work. I saw something about the message light not working on 0 unless I made it another extension number and I tried to make it ext. 100 but somehow I just don't think I am going about it the right way.

Christy
Posted By: petratech Re: KX-T7456 - 04/15/05 08:12 PM
Okay I got it! What happened was that I had the setting for authorize message waiting device <--something like that, checked NO instead of YES.

Crazy how one little setting can throw everything off! LOL

Thank you for your help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help