atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a line that works fine when I plug a standard phone into it, but when it's plugged into the TDA50 I can't get a dial tone from a handset. It's not the CO port on the TDA50, because I've moved the nonworking line to other working CO ports and it won't give me a dialtone on those either.

There is really nothing I can see to adjust on the TDA50 to try to figure out the problem.

Anyone seen something like this before?

Thanks...Josh
Have you gone over all the programming?
Thanks for responding.

What I did to test the line was plug it into CO2 which works fine from all the handsets normally. Of course when I plug the nonworking line in, non of the phones can access CO2.

It's gotta be something different about how that line is provisioned from the carrier, but I can't figure it out.

Does polarity matter? I'll try reversing it and see if that helps.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks...Josh
But does CO 2 work fin when plugged into CO 1 port?
I still think it's in the programming.
If you really suspect the LEC then take an unused Ext. port and loop it into CO 1 port if you can't draw the intercom tone off that Ext. through CO port 1 then it has to be either hardware or programming.
Gem
But does CO 2 work fin when plugged into CO 1 port? Yes

CO 3 works fine in all four LCO4 Ports as well. It's only CO 1 that is not working no matter what LC0 port I plug it into.

I'll try the loop experiment.

[This message has been edited by jbailey (edited May 14, 2005).]
Well in that case I would 1st look at the IW from the D-marc. an easy test is to switch lines 1 & 2 at the Dmarc and see where the trouble is.
Anything bridged or "T-tapped" off of line 1?

If it's not your IW then give it to your provider. You could make a few quick tests on the line like idle voltage, off hook voltage and loop current.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help