atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fpgaguy Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/16/05 01:31 PM
I have a KX-TD816 with TV75 system

Incomming calls goto custom 1 and from there to the selected extension. When the extension rings, no caller id is displayed until after answering. Anyway to make the caller id display first? The phones are KX T7236's, the 816 firmware is PA401A60905A.

Thanks
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/16/05 01:53 PM
I'll bet whan you answer the call you hear
"you have a call".
You need to have the TVS set up for a blind transfer.
Go into the TVS with the laptop.
1 program, 6 hardware settings, 3 PBX interface parameters, 1 dialing parameters.
Add an "A" to the transfer sequence so it reads FXA
Are you sure there is an A after the P ?
P401A******A would be a version or -1

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited May 16, 2005).]
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/16/05 05:12 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MrGemini:
I'll bet whan you answer the call you hear
"you have a call".
You need to have the TVS set up for a blind transfer.
Go into the TVS with the laptop.
1 program, 6 hardware settings, 3 PBX interface parameters, 1 dialing parameters.
Add an "A" to the transfer sequence so it reads FXA
Are you sure there is an A after the P ?
P401A******A would be a version or -1

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited May 16, 2005).]
</font>

I set all three transfer types to FXA.

When a call is transferred from the custom service, I see the voice mail port # on the phone's display until I pick up the phone.
Then I see the Caller ID info.

[This message has been edited by fpgaguy (edited May 16, 2005).]
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/16/05 05:44 PM
Try changing the A to a D
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/16/05 06:02 PM
Try changing the A to a D</font>

That worked! Thanks!
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/16/05 07:53 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fpgaguy:
That worked! Thanks!</font>

Except that now when no one answers at a transferred extension, instead of getting that extension's voice mail, you get the custum menu again! I can setup manual FWD-no ans on each telephone, but that does not handle FW-busy and I get the blinking FWD/DND light!

I've had this system for about 7 years and my only real bitch is that it can't seem to handle caller ID when using the auto-attendant or custom menus.

And of course, the VS75 was the most expensive part.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 06:13 AM
Keep in mind you have an older version 1 system with an older TVS unit.
The 75 was replaced with the 50 which went to a flash rom and started having more SOHO and CID features.
You can set up each extension to forward to voice mail under B/NA, busy/ no answer
Intercom, fwd, 5165 should do it.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited May 17, 2005).]
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 09:59 AM
Keep in mind you have an older version 1 system with an older TVS unit.
The 75 was replaced with the 50 which went to a flash rom and started having more SOHO and CID features.
You can set up each extension to forward to voice mail under B/NA, busy/ no answer
Intercom, fwd, 5165 should do it.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited May 17, 2005).]
</font>

I just tried that and it seems to work. However, the FWD/DND button blinks while that is in effect.

I am willing to upgrade to the VS50 or 90 or some other newer voice mail unit. Will one of these allow me to see caller ID on the phone while the voice mail unit is ringing the extension and still have the voice mail unit manage the call?

Thanks
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 12:47 PM
It's best to have it set up the way you do now.
The version 1 will not allow changes in the LED of the FWD/DND light. That did not come out until version 4.
A lot of how the call is handled is in the TD 816 version.
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 02:04 PM
It's best to have it set up the way you do now.
The version 1 will not allow changes in the LED of the FWD/DND light. That did not come out until version 4.
A lot of how the call is handled is in the TD 816 version.
</font>

I checked my firmware again and it's P401A60905A. Would that be version 4. I recall that I bought a firmware upgrade after I bought the 816. If a newer version of firmware is required, I could get it.
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 02:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fpgaguy:
[B]
I have the manual set that came with the 816 and VSP75. Where are all those nice codes listed? (Like the one you just gave me).

Thanks,
Posted By: peter doyle Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 02:15 PM
did you try pressing the * button on the phone when ringing this should then show you the caller id
bettr bet to upgrade the system though i think
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 02:33 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by peter doyle:
did you try pressing the * button on the phone when ringing this should then show you the caller id
bettr bet to upgrade the system though i think
</font>

I just did, and it didn't.
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 02:46 PM
I just found the feature list.

Thanks to all of you.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/17/05 04:46 PM
P401AA is a version 1 and there is no E prom upgrade. You would have to change the CPU. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/18/05 01:05 AM
P401AA is a version 1 and there is no E prom upgrade. You would have to change the CPU. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]</font>

I'm glad you told me that. It would proably be cheaper to buy a new unit. I have 5 7235 phones, a fax, voicd mail (looking for a vs50 right now) and 3 CO lines. Any recomemdations? I was thinking of the 816-7 units, but I'm open.

Thanks
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/18/05 05:57 AM
Fpgaguy, all this help and you still never completed your profile for us. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
I was going to e mail you a list of features per version but, no can do.
If the system meets your needs I would keep it until it craps out or you out grow it.
Most SOHO applications don't use 70% of the features built into a system.
Gem
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/18/05 11:38 AM
Fpgaguy, all this help and you still never completed your profile for us. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
I was going to e mail you a list of features per version but, no can do.
If the system meets your needs I would keep it until it craps out or you out grow it.
Most SOHO applications don't use 70% of the features built into a system.
Gem
</font>

I thought I did fill everything out. Well, I'll do it now. I would love to hear what you think and I do appreciate the help.
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 05/18/05 11:56 AM
You're right of course about most of the features. I've got a seperate building in the back yard that is interconnected with the house. All the home and business lines go into the 816/vs75. The door phones are extemely useful. There was a time before I had them when a VP from a large software company showed up to talk business. I just happend to check the front door as she arrived. Otherwise it could have been bad.

The custom service on the VS75 gives my company as big a look as I want and keeps the "spam" calls away, since I have a seperate custom menu enabled on the home line. The only thing I'm missing is caller ID support. I really want to see the caller ID of a caller before I pick up the phone and I want it logged.

Thanks again for all the help. I'm very techincal, and have a strong comm background, but in the operational comm world. As well all know, no one can know everything these days.
Posted By: fpgaguy Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 06/07/05 10:37 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fpgaguy:
You're right of course about most of the features. I've got a seperate building in the back yard that is interconnected with the house. All the home and business lines go into the 816/vs75. The door phones are extemely useful. There was a time before I had them when a VP from a large software company showed up to talk business. I just happend to check the front door as she arrived. Otherwise it could have been bad.

The custom service on the VS75 gives my company as big a look as I want and keeps the "spam" calls away, since I have a seperate custom menu enabled on the home line. The only thing I'm missing is caller ID support. I really want to see the caller ID of a caller before I pick up the phone and I want it logged.

Thanks again for all the help. I'm very techincal, and have a strong comm background, but in the operational comm world. As well all know, no one can know everything these days.
</font>

UPDATE 6/7/2005:
I just installed a VPS50 and a 816-7 that I bought on Ebay. It works exactly like I wanted. No more blinking lights. The default behaviour is to display the caller ID while ringing the extension with the VPS programmed with FXA.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Caller ID display on custom transfer - 06/07/05 01:12 PM
Excellent, glad to hear that.
You may want to think about e baying that old
equipment.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help