atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nicolae_daian kx-tvs50 - 05/25/05 12:16 AM
Hi,

I have to install a KX-TVS50 Voice Processing System and a KX-TA64 PBX. I read the manuals but I wasn’t able to figure out the answer at the following question:

1. We have 5 CO lines
2. CO1, CO2, CO3 belong to MyCompany 1
3. CO2 belongs to MyCompany2
4. CO3 belongs to MyCompany3
5. We want:
a. When somebody calls lines CO1, CO2 or CO3 message 1 to be played: “Hello, thank you for calling MyCompany1, blah, blah …”
b. When somebody calls line CO4 message 2 to be played: “Hello, thank you for calling MyCompany2, blah, blah …”
c. When somebody calls line CO5 message 3 to be played: “Hello, thank you for calling MyCompany3, blah, blah …”

Is it possible to do this? After reading the manuals my understanding is that there can be only one message on the first level for all COs.

Thank you,

Nicu
Posted By: MrGemini Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/25/05 05:42 AM
The TVS 50 is only a 2 port, non expandable system. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
You could split the 2 ports to have 2 seperate greetings but that would only give you one port to answer 3 lines and that's not going to work very well as once a port is busy other calls would have to wait until it's freed up.
I believe the later versions offer trunk service which would do what you want but as I recall it's only with DPITS integration on digital systems.
I will check on that for you.
If you can live with a generac gretting and then press 1 for company 1, 2 for company 2 then you can set that up with the custom menus.
Gem
Posted By: peter doyle Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/25/05 11:25 AM
mr gem is right
you will have to get a bigger v\mail system(more ports)tvm with 4 ports or tvp 200
or change the ph system to a tda with digi lines (ddi ) you could then point the ddi no: directly to the custom message that way bypass the port service
or your last & 0 cost option is as the gem says one message on all ports then the cus chooses which company
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/25/05 12:59 PM
So if I split the 2 ports to have 2 separate greetings port1 will answer CO1, CO2 and CO3 and port2 will answer CO4 and CO5. Is that right? Is this what you mean by “that would only give you one port to answer 3 lines”?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/25/05 04:48 PM
You only have 2 voicemail ports to work with.
You can split the ports so they do not hunt and you can assign the lines any way you want.
3 lines to port 1 and 2 lines to port 2 or 1 line to port 1 and 4 to 2 or any way you want.
it doesn't matter if your leaving a message, retrieving a message or the auto attendant is answering a line.
Once a port is busy it's busy.
Gem
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/26/05 09:37 AM
Thank you for your quick answers. As you probably guessed I am not a pro. Actually this is the first time when I do this. Could you tell me one more think please? How should I split the two ports? What commands should I use? Is there any site where I can find tutorials?
Thank you,

Nicu
Posted By: MrGemini Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/26/05 08:24 PM
Do you even have this installed and communicating with each other.
Any chance of selling the TA624 or sending it back and getting a TD 816 or TD1232 ?
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/27/05 07:44 AM
No way. It is already installed and works. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. I have to stick with what I have.
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 09:34 AM
Mr Gemini,

I really need your help. I am kind of lost here and my boss is going to kill me. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Could you tell me please, how to split the two ports and assign the CO1, CO2 and CO3 to port 1 and CO4, CO5 to port 2 so the caller who calls CO1-CO3 will hear Message1 and the caller who calls CO4-CO5 will hear Message2?

Thank you,

Nicu
Posted By: MrGemini Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 12:10 PM
put the 2 voicemail ports in different extension groups in field 600. That should be enough but I would also disable in those extension groups in field 100.
The rest of the programming is normal, either your using DIL 1-1 , 414 415 416 or delayed ringing.
assign the grettings in the A/A and then point your CO lines to the Ext. for VM port 1 that you want and the last 2 CO lines to the Ext. for VM port 2.
It sounds as though you may be in over your head and you should call a technician out for a service call. Anyone who works on these should know how to split the VM ports from hunting.
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 12:38 PM
Thank you!

Now that I know this, how should I assign different messages in tvs50 to the two ports?

Nicu
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 01:06 PM
Ok, I have figured that out (program each port with a diferent custom).

Unfortunately I am still unable to make the sistem to play different messages. I have placed jack 107 in extension extension group 7 and jack 108 in extension group 108, but the same message is played. you mentioned something about DIL, 414-416, delayed ringing. Unfortunately I do not get it. (my boss does not want to pay for a tech to install this. for him an IT pro should know to do it)
So what I want is that all unanswered calls to be answered by the voice mail after 4 rings. CO1-CO3 to be answered by Port 1 and CO4-CO5 to be answered by Port 2.
Could you please, please advice how to do that?

Thank you a lot.
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 01:34 PM
ok, I figured out the delayed ringing part (specify de delay in sec on VPS and calculate to match the number of rings). I am still stuck with the port selection part.
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 01:59 PM
"assign the grettings in the A/A and then point your CO lines to the Ext. for VM port 1 that you want and the last 2 CO lines to the Ext. for VM port 2."

1. How to "point your CO lines to the Ext. for VM port 1". Which program should I use?
2. What is A/A?

Thank you
Posted By: MrGemini Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 02:47 PM
I'm sorry but we can't program the whole system for you over the forum.
Your boss is just going to have to spring for a Tech. or With a credit card or paypal maybe we can hook you up with someone off the board.

By the way, where are all of your manuals?

I'm sure your boss wouldn't think of asking a phone or PBX technician to repair his network so what is his reasoning that an "IT" person should understand phone systems?
All this time and you never even bothered to complete your profile.
Posted By: nicolae_daian Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 03:00 PM
It is ok. I am sorry for bothering you so much. I have all the documentation which came with the 624 and VPS but unfortunately it discribes only commands instead of scenarios.
I will try to figure out the rest of the problems on my own, as I really have to get this done or my boss will kill me. I have a long weekend in front of me.

Thank you for all of your help.

Nicu
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 10:17 PM
Another dumb boss!!
Do you get paid for working all weekend??
Don't you have any other work to do??
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 10:23 PM
Your dumb boss bought the wrong system.
To pig headed to listen to any stupid phone tech. The internet scraphole that sold it should take it back and get you the right system. At minimum you need a Td 816 and TVS125 with trunk supervision.
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/28/05 10:26 PM
Wow!! 3 different companys with a crummy screwed up phone system, how much money will they lose each week???
Posted By: dtmf Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/29/05 06:26 AM
I think it's pretty sad to force you to take responsibility for this system just because he is to damn cheap to pay a trained tech. I see this happening all over and in the end they will call in the tech in anyway as telephone switches are nothing like a network. Does he send his car to the animal vet for repair because they are cheaper
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-tvs50 - 05/29/05 11:53 AM
LOL!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help