atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: lguskey Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/11/05 09:11 AM
Hello,

I'd like to pick your collective brains a bit to see what the best solution to my problem may be. I have an operator that would like to forward her extension (or rather the day bell) to a group of phones. To do this I've created ring group 6 (ext 292). The problem is, she has a hard time following "complex" instructions and has trouble forwarding the extension properly. (err not that forwarding a phone is complex, but it seems to be beyond this person's grasp.)
I'm wondering if it's possible to create a flex key that would allow forwarding of the day bell (ext 204), which all of our incoming calls ring on, to ring group 6 (ext 292)? Or perhaps there is a better solution that you salty dogs know of and recommend using... Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Louis
Posted By: lguskey Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/11/05 09:13 AM
I forgot to mention, that the system we're using is a KX-TD1232 and the phone is a KX-T7433. Sorry about that..
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/11/05 07:15 PM
Why not call forward her phone on all calls to 292.
fwd/dnd 2 292
Once it's set you should be able to toggle it on and off just by pressing the fwd/dnd button.
I believe the ver.4 will allow CFWD to a ring group but it's been a while and I really don't remember.
MrG
Posted By: lguskey Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/13/05 10:04 AM
It looks as if I have an earlier version of the software (P101E60905A) and it doesn't support forward to ring group. When I try to forward I get an "Not Valid" error. With that being said, is there a way that I can update the software on my switch (via the rs-232 port), or do I need to have a panasonic dealer do the upgrade?

Thanks for all your help! This forum has been extremely useful in lowering the learning curve for this td-1232 system. Keep up the great work!

Louis
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/13/05 11:35 AM
P101EA is a version 1.
Not much you can do to that without changing the CPU.
Are you using the day/night feature of the system?
If not you may be able to use it to switch from all calls to the attendant to all calls to a group.
BTW, the 7400 series phones really shouldn't be on any system earlier the version 3

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited July 13, 2005).]
Posted By: lguskey Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/13/05 12:24 PM
We do shift it into night mode at close of business, but I always thought that was a function of the voicemail system (TVS-100). If I understand correctly, I should be able to shift the system into night mode and then set ext 292 (RG6) as the night operator?

Also, I'm afraid to ask, but what should I expect to pay for a cpu and software upgrade? We currently have 2 td1232 units configured for 64 digital and 64 analog (total). We're considering scraping it, since it's not expandable beyond it's current config. Any suggestions for a replacement?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/13/05 01:10 PM
On that old version the day/night of the system and that of the TVS operatly seperately.
There is a schedule for the TVS and the KXTD can be manual or use a schedule.
I'll e mail you some Info.
How about completing your profile for us.
Thanks, MrG.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited July 13, 2005).]
Posted By: lguskey Re: Xfer Daybell to Ring group - 07/16/05 02:24 PM
Profile should be complete. Let me know if there is any other information you need.
Thanks again for your help!

Louis
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help