atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rshanks66 TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/01/05 10:05 AM
I bought a new TA624-5 and hooked it up to a TVS50 voicemail system this weekend. Everything is working fine except the TVS50. It won't pick up calls, the TA624 doesn't seem to notice it, and the red power button keeps flashing on the TVS50.

The TVS50 shipped without a manual!! So, I'm shooting in the dark at wild noises over here. Please help. ; )

------------------
Have you done any configurations at all? It isn't a "plug & play" equipment.
Taking a shot in the dark here but one of the things that use to mess me up was the VM came with the digital card instead of the analog card. Don't know if this is the case or not. Otherwise it was a fairly easy job.
Posted By: rshanks66 Re: TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/01/05 01:49 PM
No, I haven't done much configuring yet because I don't have the installation manual. Does anyone have a PDF of the installation or users manual?

I understand it's not plug and play. Which codes or sequences do I need to enter on the main phone/TA624 in order to fully activate the TVS50?

Also, I did not get a response to the "flashing red power light" inquiry? Is this a common error alert message? Does it mean something specific like a faulty board? Any ideas?

Thanks, Rich
blinking light means it does not have communication with the phone system. You may have it plugged in, but if the ports are not setup as vmail ports it will not "see" the phone system.
You must have bought a used Vmail. if that is the case I suggest going back to where you pruchased it, or calling a Tech to install the vmail the way it needs to be.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited August 01, 2005).]
Posted By: MrDanjer Re: TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/10/05 02:35 AM
Two thing that may help are here:
https://www.ablecomm.info/tvs50-ans.htm

and here:
https://www.ablecomm.info/tvs50.htm
Posted By: rshanks66 Re: TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/10/05 01:43 PM
OK, got the kx-tvs50 setup once with my laptop "talking" to the tvs50 with a cable, null modem, etc. Everything Worked fine, the AA picked up calls and people were able to get to their voicemail.

Now... I wanted to go in and customize some settings but the laptop won't talk to the tvs50 anymore. When I try to access it using HyperTerminal, I just get a screen with a carrot and a blinking underscore, like this "> _"

I tried downloading TVS Assistant, but that won't connect to the tvs50 at all. Says the com port is unavailable.

Not sure what to do. I'm starting up the tvs50 with the 1 and 3 dip switches on, so that should reset eveything, right? Doesn't work.

I appreciate your help. : ) Rich

------------------
Rich
Posted By: MrDanjer Re: TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/10/05 01:54 PM
>_

That means you are still connected.

If you hit the \ key to get as far out of the program as you can you get >_

Try pressing 2 -- I think you are probably at this screen:

1. ASCII TERMINAL
2. VT100

Please Enter the Number :=
Posted By: rshanks66 Re: TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/10/05 02:11 PM
Thanks, tried that just now. When I type anything, nothing appears on the screen after the ">_".

I typed both a "\" and a "2" and hit enter after each time but nothing happens. HyperTerminal says it's connected, but the tvs50 acts like its not listening.

Know of any Chicago people who could set this thing up right for me?
Posted By: MrDanjer Re: TA624 & TVS50.. .blinking power light - 08/10/05 06:43 PM
Sorry no. I'm originally from Chicago, but live in San Jose, Ca now.

Sundance has several affiliates in your area:
https://www.sundance-communications...tallers/U nited_States/Illinois/Chicago/

Other than that the only thing I can think of is that you have the incoming lines plugged into the CO ports and the Voicemail plugged into the EXT ports.

VM and Incoming should both be plugged into the CO ports... only thing on EXT ports should be phones, answering machines, computers, etc etc.

I saw a picture on a website that had it wrong and it cost me several days of downtime.

Also, try rebooting everything, following the diections I gave you earlier... it should work.

[This message has been edited by MrDanjer (edited August 10, 2005).]
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rshanks66:
Thanks, tried that just now. When I type anything, nothing appears on the screen after the ">_".

I typed both a "\" and a "2" and hit enter after each time but nothing happens. HyperTerminal says it's connected, but the tvs50 acts like its not listening.

Know of any Chicago people who could set this thing up right for me?
</font>

Try to do the following:
1) Using Hyper Terminal, check the COM port properties, which You using. Flow Control parameter must be in "None" position, Bits per Second must be set in 9600 (if You using default configuration). Make sure, that You use correct number of COM port (if Your PC have them more than 1).
2) Check the Power indicator of TVS. If it is flashing, wait until it stops flashing.
3) When Hyper Terminal tells You that connection is established, and You will see in it's window flashing "_", just press Enter without typing anything. If all connection parameters are set right, you will see the TVS's program menu.

What about TVSAssistant: if You see the message "Unable to open com port (Windows Error Code:X)", that means, that com port, You set in TVSAssistant's Com Port Setup, already in use. For example, if You start Hyper Terminal, connect it to TVS, and after that start TVSAssistant and try to connect with TVS, without exiting from Hyper Terminal, it will show You the message above.

Anyway, if You have any problems with programming Your TVS using TVSAssistant, i'll be very appreciate, if You tell about them to us.

With best regards,
Dmitry Kukolev
manager
www.tvsassistant.com
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help