atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjrockland non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 03/12/06 10:19 AM
we are owned by a non-profit organization and we need step by step help. Anyone who is willing to offer their help, we appreciate=
we have many phones in system with 3 incoming lines from phone company=
before outage: we were able to talk together on
one incoming call , after outage: once an incoming line is answered , no one else can pick up that line and talk together, unless it is put on hold and then again , only one person can talk to any incoming call at any given time

before outage: we had one incoming line that was dedicated to a fax machine only , so that when a fax came in , there were no regular telephone rings (only a special fax ring),, after outage= that line is just like the two other incoming line in that if someone faxes to us, it would come in like a regular call, and when any one picks uop the receiver, that (fax) call is answered=\
any detail help, please , my email [email protected] Thanks a million
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: metelcom Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 03/12/06 12:49 PM
The Panasonic KX-T61610 is a pretty old system and the memory backup battery (part # P-01H-F2G1) would need to be replaced or else this will happen everytime you have a power outage. Once the battery is replaced you will need to go into system programming to make the changes you need. Please complete your profile so we know who you are.
yep executive overide and day ringing assignments
Dear Merritt:
Hope you have a nice w/e. Many thanks,for your taking time in guiding us step by step on tel Friday.
However, something went wrong now and we are in no good shape. Perhaps, you can figure it out.
It seems like the override is find , which we are forever thankful.
Now,
(note: we have a jack at the interface to allow for both e.g., a non-system phone and the system
wire to plug into the same interface)
When we get an incoming phone call, the respective line on the system phone lights up (note: it does not flicker as usual which would be indicating that there is an incoming call waitng to be answered ,instead it immediately lights up "steady" indicating as if someone answered it),and when we press that lighted line, we can not hear or talk , however,
we are able to place a non system phone in the phone company interface and answer that incoming call there at the interface(and here is the most interesting part) and while we answer that incoming call at
the interface, after talking for a few seconds,
the light on the respective line of the system phone (which had a steady light , when the call came in - as per above) will disappear completely and only then can we pick up the conversation on the system phone (if we guess right , which line the call came in to) and converse together with the caller and even with the person who picked up at the interface,
Now, you can imagine how frustating that is having to go dowen to the interface always...

Merritt- is life not full of surprises..

What do I do now? We need help. Thanks, Jay

at the place , the only email we can get is
from [email protected]

ENJOY
Posted By: metelcom Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 03/19/06 11:07 AM
Jay
It sounds like there is something answering the line when call comes in (answer machine, modem etc) Do you have any other equipment besides the 1 FAX and key phones ? Easy with the mouse button :toothy:
all i have is the one fax and one answering machine , but none of them activate
can i call you later when i get home , and at which number? (pls leave me the number at 212-xxx-xxxx or if you prefer to call me at 4:30pm EST today, is that OK?
Enjoy and thanks, Jay

Jay, I forwarded your number to Merritt.
Next time please use e mail. :read:
Thank you, MrG
if you please to call me at 4:30, I ll be at the numbers you called me Friday. Many thanks, Enjoy
Posted By: metelcom Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 03/19/06 01:35 PM
Jay PM sent
MrG
KSU says version 1 but executive is pgm 41, I beleive this is a version 2 which I don't have manual, do you?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 03/19/06 01:56 PM
I don't believe the version 1 offered executive
override. I just went through a version 1 manual and it's not there.
It may be on version 2, I know it's on version 3.
The program field is 40
MrG
Posted By: metelcom Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 03/19/06 02:25 PM
This is version 2 the exc. override is prg 41 also the ring assignment was different, I had to have him read back display because the steps are different from 1-3. I can only remember of selling 1 or 2 of that version, lost the suppliment for it long ago.
Thanks MrG for the help and getting rid of the extra posts
THANK YOU, to

MERRIT , MEMBER no. 6636

YOU ARE GREAT AND HAVE A WARM HEART

jAY
Posted By: Paul P Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 04/04/06 03:47 PM
Hello JJRockland:

I have had a KXT61610 since 1989 -- and I save EVERYTHING. I have the original programming booklet for Version 1 with notations for Version 3 AND the supplemental programming book for Version 2. Is there any additional questions I may answer or assist you with? Would you like a copy of the Version 2 supplement mailed or faxed to you? Please advise.

Paul
Posted By: metelcom Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 04/04/06 08:24 PM
welcome Paul
Glad you can join us, whats a data guy doing with an Panasonic manual clap
Posted By: Paul P Re: non-profit org needs help with kxt61610 - 04/06/06 09:49 AM
Hello Merritt:

I am a very organized person and the Panasonic telephone systems has helped me keep my life organized. Plus, I have been know to be full of surprises!

Take care!

Paul
C'mon, everybody expects their IT guy to be a phone guru too. Am I right or am I right. The bad thing is, some of the IT guys agree!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help