atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: millingnight KXT616 headache - 06/18/06 01:31 PM
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

I have just moved into premises where a panasonic KXT61610 is installed and has been powered down for quite some time.
The setup for the system is 1 x CO and 6 keyphone ext installed.

After paoweing the system up, we tried to re-program the system but ran into 2 difficulties.

1. When setting the date and time, the system sounds the confirmation tone and allows you to return to programming. however when returning the programming swith back to "set" the system loses the date and time and displays "JAN. 0 0:00 AM" which flashed on and off. the time does not advance past this and despite trying to set the time with both the "intercom 77" method and in the main programming mode, the situation does not change.

2. As the system only has 1 CO attached, we obviously wish to disable COs 2 - 6, however option 3 (which i believe is to assign COs) in the programming menu does not appear to be there, when selected the system gives the "error" tone and returns to the programming menu. Why?

The system functions correctly in other ways, making / receiving calls paging etc.

is there a problem with my system? or is it me being dumb?

Any help you guys can provide me with would be greatly appreciated, i'll be bald shortly after pulling my hair out!

Many thanks,

Rob
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KXT616 headache - 06/18/06 02:35 PM
millingnight, please complete your profile for us.
:read: Thank you.
You may have a version 3 where program field 03 is DSS assignment.
I don't believe the version 3 had an actual CO connection program field.
As I recall you just assign CO out for day/night per extension and the same for CO ringing
CO out for day is 07 and night is 08
Ringing for day is 09 and night is 10.
You have the program switch in the main cabinet set to program and your using extension 11, correct?

What phones do you have?
Did you press "store" or "memory" after setting the time & date?
MrG
Posted By: millingnight Re: KXT616 headache - 06/18/06 04:06 PM
Thanks for the quick reply,

Program field 03 is apparently blank on my system.
01 = SPEED DIALING
02 = DSS CONSLOLE SET
03 = "3 short sones sounded and returnded to ENTER PGMM CODE"
04 = CO DIAL MODE
05 = DAY/NIGHT MODE

the day night method was they way i got around the issue, however that leaves me withy 5 "flexable CO buttons" that are unusable, as the system still sees them as COs even though it still denies access.

Yes the program switch in the cabinet is set to program, the extension is 21 (the first ext on the system).

I have 2 display phones (one on ext 21 for programming) and 4 further key phones.
I pressed "STORE" after setting the time & date

ROB
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KXT616 headache - 06/18/06 04:15 PM
That's why we like to have a complete profile.
You have a Euro version.
The programming codes are different then those in the USA.
It wouldn't hurt if you just went through the fields
1 at a time.
Peter may be able to help you out.
[email protected]
MrG
Posted By: county wide Re: KXT616 headache - 06/19/06 12:24 PM
easy way is to zap or reprogram the C.0.
Buttons you are not using .expample pgm switch to pgm button 1 12 store for ext 12 dss button
Posted By: millingnight Re: KXT616 headache - 06/20/06 06:16 AM
Thanks guys the CO problem has now been resolved, I'm still stuck with the time issue though!

One thing I noticed when making an outside call today, the call duration field is displayed, but the time remains on 0:00'0 and does not advance either. Could there be a problem with the control unit?

If anyone has any ideas then please advise,

Thanks Rob
Posted By: peter doyle Re: KXT616 headache - 06/20/06 04:54 PM
battery is most likly gone did you program using field 00 on system (not station programming)

peter
Posted By: brokeda Re: KXT616 headache - 06/20/06 08:44 PM
The time ocilator on the motherboard may be toast.
Check with board member AUSTINTELECOM.
I believe this can be repaired.
Posted By: millingnight Re: KXT616 headache - 06/21/06 03:02 AM
Peter, yes i did program using field 00, the system accepts the new date & time and then when the switch is set back to "set" the time re-sets and remains on "JAN. 0 0:00 AM" and does not change.
I also tried station programming, with the same result.
Is the battery likely to be the problem?

Hopefully it's not my time ocilator, that sounds complicated.

Regards, Rob
Posted By: brokeda Re: KXT616 headache - 06/21/06 07:38 PM
if battery was dead the clock would still run, just starting from the default time, and no other system programming would be retained after a power down.
If it retains system programming te battery is still
functional, although I would still replace it because of age.
Posted By: peter doyle Re: KXT616 headache - 06/22/06 01:18 PM
brokeda is right if the time is not moving at all then is not a batery fault & is most likly to be the ocilator on the motherboard its an old system at this stage and its time to deside if it is infact worth the bother of sending it away for repair or just replace it with the 824 the phones should still work on a new one are they kx-t7030
it cost 380 euro for the 824 you could self install from the manual in 20mins

peter
Posted By: millingnight Re: KXT616 headache - 06/24/06 10:02 AM
Thanks alot for you help guys the problems have now been sorted.
Brokeda, you were correct the oscillator was at fault, with a bit of nifty soldering work I have replaced the offending component and the system is once again working fine!

Once again thanks everyone for your help!

Rob
Posted By: county wide Re: KXT616 headache - 06/24/06 12:09 PM
that truly amazing! were did you get the
part to replace it?
Posted By: millingnight Re: KXT616 headache - 06/24/06 12:55 PM
Believe it or not, from an old digital stop watch!

A little bit of detective work by looking at the actual cirucuit boards inside the control unit, I identified 4 oscillators on the board, then sat and entered the IC numbers of the chips around the oscillators into google, I found an IC which was a real time calendar and clock.

Looking at the manufacturers info sheet on the IC found that the oscillator input needed to be 36.325 MHz, and just by chance had an old stop watch with the same rated oscillator on board. So I swapped the one from the system and was delighted with the results.

Luckily the KX-T616, as the guys said is an old system and does not have multi-layered PCB boards, otherwise this wouldn't have been possible.
Fortunatly I have a little electronics know how and was able to carry out the repair myself, saving £££ on sending it away or even replacing the system.

Once again guys thanks for all your help!
Posted By: county wide Re: KXT616 headache - 06/25/06 04:47 AM
cool just finding a clear area to solder at
is tough!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help