atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kraneworldchamp panasonic 1232 digital - 07/10/06 08:44 PM
Does anyone how the exts break out on the 25 pair i moved this system for a customer and did not look at the existing block when i punched down on the new block and crossed conected only some of the phones came up all the others had a tic,tic,tic,tic i crossed connected two pairs straight down thankes in advance
Posted By: EV607797 Re: panasonic 1232 digital - 07/10/06 09:10 PM
Each 25 pair tail serves eight stations. There are three pairs dedicated for each station with the 25th pair being left unused.

The first station is on the white/blue and white/orange.

Skip the white/green.

The next station is on the white/brown and white/slate.

And so on.
Posted By: barster Re: panasonic 1232 digital - 07/10/06 10:59 PM
Yeah, like Ed was saying...you skip a pair between each ext..(using two pair cross connects)

To go one step further...for future reference..the first pair of your two-pair cross-connect is the analog port-for the 'XDP' port of the digital phone(if it's one of the models that has a XDP) or if they should choose to just plug a analog/cordless into the jack. /The second pair (of two pair cross connect) is the actual digital pair that feeds the proprietary phone. To reiterate, the first digital ext.-101 is your orange/second of two-pair cross connect and ext.201 (analog) is your blue/or top of TWO PAIR cross connect. Your next extensions are 202/102...etc..
You need to know the following for programming: Port/("jack" as Panasonic refers to it)'shown on display'>#01-1 is digital ext 101 / #01-2 is the analog ext 201. #02-1 is dig. ext 102 / #02-2 is analog ext 202 ...etc.
Posted By: kraneworldchamp Re: panasonic 1232 digital - 07/11/06 03:13 PM
thanks guys
Posted By: Randy Re: panasonic 1232 digital - 07/12/06 04:41 AM
The third pair on each station is for an older phone model that allowed for offhook voice announce on an analog station. The system used the extra pair for the voice path.

Randy
Posted By: kraneworldchamp Re: panasonic 1232 digital - 07/12/06 04:27 PM
I re did all my cross connects last night and everything cam up thanks again she also had a wire connected to the door opener device im going to have to hook that back up i told her that she has to have a lock smith come and install a door strike dose the ksu handle the door opening function by its self or could there have been a door opener that i didnt see ?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: panasonic 1232 digital - 07/12/06 04:33 PM
The card can handle 2 doorphones and has 2 sets of dry contacts on it. It does not supply any power for the relays.
I wouldn't put more the 24VAC through it though.
MrG
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help