atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: anthonyh panasonic 824 hunting - 07/13/06 04:37 PM
I have a Panasonic 824 with 3 lines the first line is a pots line the 2nd and 3rd are voip lines. I am having trouble getting these lines to hunt. I normally just have the hunting set up in the co switch, this is the first time I am using copper and voip and the hunt is not set up in the siwtch. I do not work on these sytems often and I am doing this one as a favor for a close friend. any sugestions?
Posted By: anthonyh Re: panasonic 824 hunting - 07/13/06 04:51 PM
programming via PT not laptop
Posted By: MrGemini Re: panasonic 824 hunting - 07/13/06 05:22 PM
Are they from the same LEC?
There's nothing in the KSU that will compensate for this.
It doesn't matter how your programming but I can tell you that software is slick.
MrG
Posted By: anthonyh Re: panasonic 824 hunting - 07/13/06 05:25 PM
They are not form the same lec, The voip lines (vonage I think) are now hunting fine I was able to do that threw the carrier on line. The copper line is from verizon, I will just have them add a call fwd busy to the first voip line. and I should be set...all else is working...Thanks for the quick response, I thought that was the case.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: panasonic 824 hunting - 07/13/06 06:01 PM
Yep, no KSU or PBX of any brand or vintage can provide hunting unless ISDN is being used for the connection to the CO. Your choice to have CFB is the only way to make this happen, but don't forget a few very important factors: If it's a business account, they will be charged message units (2-12 cents per call for 1MB lines) or simply usage minutes for the call that is "hunted" to the other carrier's line(s).
Posted By: anthonyh Re: panasonic 824 hunting - 07/13/06 07:15 PM
Thanks Ed, I made them aware of pos. charges. I just wanted to confirm that the system could not do this, I kind of already knew it could not, but wanted to confirm anyway, I like to reinfource things I am not 100% sure of. The hunting will be on local call to the next line on a plain pots line, so besides the feature cost their should be minimum expense. Please don't mention ISDN, I spent 3 hours on a GSA account today correcting ISDN features mad drove me crazy
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help