atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mjroberts KX-TA824 and VM Card - 07/20/06 08:25 PM
I'm not very experienced with Panasonics, so forgive the simplicity of this post.

I installed a KX-TA824 last week, and the VM card came in earlier in the week. I was hoping there would have been programming instructions with the card (which features need to be set how), but that was not the case. After installing the card, I tried to initialize the card, but it wouldn't initialize. I called Panasonic tech support (after being on hold for 45 min mad ), and they said the card is bad.

So since I was granted a few days, does anyone know what features I need to set in order to get this card to work? Thanks a bunch!!!
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: KX-TA824 and VM Card - 07/21/06 04:58 AM
This link may help you.
https://www.voiceprocessor.info/

Do you have the manuals for the 824?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KX-TA824 and VM Card - 07/21/06 06:59 AM
MJRoberts, What did you buy, the KX-TA82492 card?
The TA824 should have came with 4 books and a CD.
Feature manual, operating manual, installation manual and programming manual. The Windows based is on the CD and is actually very nice.
Do you have any of these?
Can we assume that you have the programming software installed and have connected to the TA824 as you said you tried initializing it? Or did you try using program field 808 through the Admin set, 101?
I would power it down, pull the card and check the pins and see if it smells burnt , if t seems OK reseat it and try again.
Everything in the manual is under BV.
MrG
Posted By: mjroberts Re: KX-TA824 and VM Card - 07/24/06 07:06 AM
The 4 books were there, and I did all programming via the PT at jack 01. What was strange is when I first installed the card and itialized it, it initialized fine, but then the system couldn't see the card. The link that Texas Technician gave me looks like it gave some good answers.

Are there any actual programming of mailboxes that needs to be done, or does it do it automatically?
Posted By: county wide Re: KX-TA824 and VM Card - 07/25/06 05:04 PM
load and use the software you'll be glad you did..
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help