atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: redshift DBS: Sending callers to the correct VM box - 09/14/06 01:45 PM
I'm turning up a few previously-unused analog ports on my DBS 96+40 to use for OPX stations. I also have an ActiveVoice Repartee OS/2 VM system that the OPX users will have mailboxes on.

I created the subscriber on the VM system and can log in, and I have the extension forwarding on busy and RNA to the voicemail pilot, but when it forwards, the VM system doesn't know which extension is calling, so I get the default "If you are a user of this system, please enter your ID" prompt.

I've been through all the FF3 options, and couldn't find anything that sounded like digits to pass to the VM system (I am assuming that as it forwards it passes DTMF digits to the VM pilot to tell the system whose mailbox to open).

I've also looked through the configuration of extension ports that are currently forwarding correctly, and can't find what I've missed.

Does anyone know what I could be missing?

Thanks,
Chris
You have to enter the call forward ID code for the forwarding extension.
Try this from a display phone:
1. Press Prog
2. Press Auto
3. Press *
4. Enter the mailbox number
5. Enter the mailbox number plus a 1
6. Press Hold
eg. if the extension is 100 the you would press Prog, Auto, *, 100, 1001, Hold.
I am not sure what the repartee will need to hear. Phonemeister has the correct info, however, with voicemails such as Keyvoice and voicetrak on a DBS, they require a little different sequence of the CFWD digits.

On voicetrak it is:
on/off
prog
auto
* + Extension #
# + Mailbox #
Hold

What I am trying to say is that you may have to enter another digit such as a # to get it to work. You may have to play around with it to make it work, if the people at Active Voice can't give you a precise answer.

goodluck
:thumb:
Thanks guys, that was exactly what I needed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help