atcomsystems.ca/forum
Okay we have a DBS 96 and using Panavoice 2.0 for voice mail. We have a receptionist. She awnsers all incoming calls and transfers callers to our employees.

The problem is, if a call gets transferred, and nobody is there, instead of going to that persons voicemail, it goes to the automated awnsering system that goes blah blah and asks for the party's ext. The only way to successfully get transferred to an employees VM is to directly transfer the caller to the employees VM, or have them go through the whole automated woman procedure.

How I set it so transferred calls go to the VM box if the call goes unawnsered?
EDIT: the failed transfer message is:
"Im sorry, I did not hear your selection, please try again."
and then it goes to the beginning automated process about asking the party's ext. Hope that helps.
It's under FF3 (extension programming).

FF3
enter port#
enter program# (CFWD is 42#)
Set it for 1#,2#, or 3#.

0# is not forwarded
1# is B/NA
2# is busy
3# is NA

Hope it helps, goodluck :thumb:
didn't work:(
I copied this from another post that had a similar problem.
You have to enter the call forward ID code for the forwarding extension.
Try this from a display phone:
1. Press Prog
2. Press Auto
3. Press *
4. Enter the mailbox number
5. Enter the mailbox number plus a 1
6. Press Hold
eg. if the extension is 100 the you would press Prog, Auto, *, 100, 1001, Hold.
Still says the
"Im sorry, I did not hear your selection, please try again"

frown
You may have a bad MFR card in the DBS. This card controls DTMF. Has a re-boot been done? Are you sure the set has a mailbox? I don't deal with too many Panavoice's. Never liked them. I always put Key voice, voicetrak, or Amanda's on a DBS.

Did it work before and just quit? Is it just one phone? Sounds like it is passing the DTMF because it will send the digits when you do the direct VM X-Fer??? Hmmm.

Sounds like forwarding somewhere. Again I am not very familiar with the Panavoice. So it could be something in it??

The only thing the DBS could do would be involved with CFWD'ing. If it's not the CFWD under FF#3 and not CFWD digits, it may be a timer somewhere??

Goodluck, and let us know what you find out. See some of the other DBS posts' on the forum by doing a search. You may find something helpful there. :thumb:
I have done the Panavoices and Active Voices many times with the DBS. That is the correct procedure but maybe I just assumed that you are first pressing the ON/OFF button first before performing the above steps.
I guess it has always been doing this. This problem is on every phone, every mailbox. A reboot hasnt been done since im afraid its not gonna work anymore. Plus I dont really know how to do one.
Im an IT admin, and they stuck me with fixing all the phone problems, something very foreign to me.

We do have access to service technicians from SoundTel, I have them come over to install jacks for new ext's and stuff. They often dink around with our system remotely since I think we lease the system from them. Would they probably be able to look at this problem a little better? Since they have access to everything?
EDIT: yes I did the procedure correctly. I had to spend a day learning how to work the FF Key programming, I did not like sifting through the billion page manuals though hehe.
Ok, Mait, try the procedure again but in step 5 don't add the digit 1.
I'm the guy who asked the same question a few days ago that phonemeister was talking about.

My problem was similar, but not exactly the same. My VM system was answering, but it was answering as if you had just called the VM pilot number. Configuring the forward digits fixed that(I tried it both ways, with the trailing 1 and without and it worked both times).

From what you are describing, it sounds like it is either not passing the forwarded digits, or the VM is not understanding what it is hearing.

Can you log into the voice mail by calling the regular voicemail pilot number? That would determine if your DTMF tones are being sent and heard correctly.
Mait did say that a caller can be successfully placed into voicemail by using the vm transfer key or by dialing the extension from the main greeting. Both methods require the dtmf reciever to work.
Oh, youre right. I totally glossed over that.

Sounds like forward digits to me. You may have to play with it to see what the Panavoice wants to hear in order to hit a specific mailbox, I've never worked with one of those.
Thank you guys, the Prog Auto * ## ## without adding the 1 worked. I have to do it for every ext, but at least it works!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help