atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: QCIAthol 1232 clock - 06/11/07 01:10 PM
I am showing an inconsistant time malfunction on an older 1232 (series 1). Every day the clock is off anywhere from a few minutes to hours. I figured it had to be an old battery, so I was attempting to pull one from a parts 1232 (series 4) I have in stock, but found that the battery is glued in place - top and bottom. Any suggestions? Should I just replace the entire card that the battery is on? It is set up as a simple square system with 6 phones, and would take about half an hour to reprogram.
Thanks
Posted By: MrGemini Re: 1232 clock - 06/11/07 01:52 PM
QC, Honestly if you have a version 4 in stock and the -1 is acting up I would just go ahead and replace it.
Why try and do "board level" repairs when you have an extra one, (of a later version) in stock?
MrG
Posted By: QCIAthol Re: 1232 clock - 06/11/07 02:43 PM
Mr G., the reason is because many of the station ports are blown on the -4. It took a lightning strike. I could change the station boards from the -1 and put them into the -4. They're on the bottom, and I would have to pull them o/o/s for the time it would take to swap out all the boards. If I put the main board (with the battery) from the -4 into the -1 - isn't that essentially making that a -4? All I thought I needed to do was change the battery.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1232 clock - 06/11/07 03:09 PM
Originally posted by QCIAthol:
Mr G., the reason is because many of the station ports are blown on the -4. It took a lightning strike. I could change the station boards from the -1 and put them into the -4. They're on the bottom, and I would have to pull them o/o/s for the time it would take to swap out all the boards. If I put the main board (with the battery) from the -4 into the -1 - isn't that essentially making that a -4? All I thought I needed to do was change the battery.
a D1232 is a D1232....

On all revisions of cabinets, the CO board, Station Board(s), Power Supply, CPU and Backplane are interchangeable between cabinets, so you should be able to move your -4 board into your -1 cabinet that has clock problems.

FYI, the clock crystal, which is a common failure point, is located in the center of the CPU board (look got the brown crusty glue). I have never seen a bad clock crystal cause erratic time- just no time change at all, so the problem very well may be your battery.

I have station boards and CPU boards in stock if you decide you want to replace any of them.
-Joe
888 999 3969
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help