atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: swalker25 Call Hold Release Timer - 08/07/07 09:50 AM
My company's phone system is pretty old. The phone model number is DBS 743E. The phone box where all the wires connect in is model number VB-43050. My question is, how do I change the call hold timer so the calls can stay on hold for longer before releasing back to the attendant phone? We do have a copy of the manual, but all it says in there is that the timer option is changed in the system programming. Would this be something I can do through the attedant phone? Or is it a lot more difficult than that? I understand that there are different timers for the different hold options, ie. system hold, extenstion hold, park hold, but I can't find anything that tells me exactly how to change the timers. Let me know if you need anymore information about out phone system.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Call Hold Release Timer - 08/07/07 07:25 PM
Originally posted by swalker25:
The box where all the wires connect in is model number VB-43050.

That's a DBS 72 cabinet

We do have a copy of the manual, but all it says in there is that the timer option is changed in the system programming.

Is it the Installation/programming manual?

Would this be something I can do through the attedant phone? Or is it a lot more difficult than that? I understand that there are different timers for the different hold options, ie. system hold, extenstion hold, park hold, but I can't find anything that tells me exactly how to change the timers.

It can be programmed from any display telephone. Step by step instructions are beyond the scope of what this forum was designed for. Also, the information you have requested is installer level programming. I can recommend a couple of options. You may call your local vendor and request a qualified technician to perform this service for you. Or, click the 'find an installer' tab at the top of this page and find someone in your area. The other option is to contact one of the moderators of this board and request assistance.

Posted By: county wide Re: Call Hold Release Timer - 08/08/07 06:08 AM
look on page 42 of the 72 programing manual.
Posted By: swalker25 Re: Call Hold Release Timer - 08/08/07 08:35 AM
Thank you all. I was able to find the programming manual from a link in a pm that somebody sent me. I guess the manual I have was just the operating manual and not the programming one. I can see why you would suggest that I have a qualified technician do this, as the programming manual is very long and a bit hard to understand. But, I was able to read the manual and figure out how to change the timers, so problem solved.

Thanks again for the quick replies.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help