atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech kxta-824 w/doorphone not working - 08/16/07 09:41 PM
i installed a kxta-824 with a kxta82461 4 port doorphone card and a kxt7775 doorphone. according to the installation guide that came with the kxt7775 it is a pretty straight forward connection. the 7775 comes with a power module that has a modular connection that you plug into the doorphone card. when the card is first plugged in it rings the phone. but after that it will not ring them. if you unplug it and plug it in again it rings the phone once. i plugged it into doorphone 3 and the same thing, one ring and then nothing. you cannot ring the doorphone from an extension. you get the confirmation tone but no sound out of the doorphone. the funny thing is i had someone call me about two months ago and they had the exact same problem. of course i don't remember who it was so i cannot ask them how they resolved the problem. i know that it must be something simple because as i said it is a straight forward connection. any ideas would be welcome.. thanks
Posted By: county wide Re: kxta-824 w/doorphone not working - 08/17/07 03:12 AM
tip the door box connection over its polarity
sensitive had the same issue
Posted By: cctech Re: kxta-824 w/doorphone not working - 08/17/07 05:15 AM
when you say tip the doorbox are you saying to switch the wires around. i am not sure if i understand. thanks
Posted By: county wide Re: kxta-824 w/doorphone not working - 08/17/07 07:09 AM
yes reverse your t&r to the door box at wire at the jack if you used it
Posted By: cctech Re: kxta-824 w/doorphone not working - 08/17/07 09:08 AM
thanks i will try that.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help