atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Elmo KX-TD1232 Not Valid ACCNT - 08/22/07 07:02 PM
I've been trying to find out why a previously working extension suddenly says, "Not Valid" when the phone goes off hook and "ACCNT" appears briefly in the lower right corner of the LCD screen.

After pressing the account button I am querried for an account code which neither I nor anyone else knows what this could be. I've checked account code programming and cannot find how to remove this feature, if this the correct reason why the phone gives a fast busy tone and 'not valid' and 'accnt' messages when off hook.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KX-TD1232 Not Valid ACCNT - 08/22/07 08:00 PM
Elmo, someones been playing with that set.
Press intercom 790.
Also check your COS and see if it's been changed.
MrG
Posted By: Elmo Re: KX-TD1232 Not Valid ACCNT - 08/22/07 08:11 PM
I've just tried pressing 790 with no success...I'll check COS but I believe all phones are set for class of service 1.
Posted By: Elmo Re: KX-TD1232 Not Valid ACCNT - 08/22/07 08:43 PM
Whoa.
Took a break.
Went back to the miscreant phone again and QUICKLY punched 790 immediately after going off-hook.
Viola.
All previous attempts I must have been waiting to hear intercom dialtone before punching in a programming command.

I'd definately agree with you that someone probably picked up the phone, punched some phone number until they realized they only had intercom dialtone, then hung up the phone. I wasted far too much time trying to figure this out. And the dang 'ACCNT' thing through me for a loop. After taking a break I picked up handsets at various stations and noticed all say 'ACCNT' which makes no difference as currently there are no account codes in programming. Must not kill staff...must not kill staff...

I'll check COS to see if I can take away abilities from staff...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help