atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MrJustin KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/26/07 10:21 PM
Hoping this is a simple issue, it is not the cabling as i switched the amphenol connectors and verified that works correctly so I am wondering if anyone has some idea why 4 jacks would be dead. I only tested the D1 and D2 btw.
Thanks for any help
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/27/07 01:14 AM
The ports could be blown, the extensions are broken in to blocks of 4 extensions per power reg. If there was a short between the digital and analouge ports it can take down four extensions.
Posted By: county wide Re: KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/27/07 05:25 AM
do you have blue screen test that card...
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/27/07 09:52 AM
sometimes the amp does not seat properly, if the bottom pulls up the last few sta do not work.
Use the tie wraps to secure. Otherwise start trouble shooting.
Posted By: MrJustin Re: KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/27/07 09:22 PM
Originally posted by county wide:
do you have blue screen test that card...
Blue screen? Thought that was a microsoft proprietary feature only. All jacks work fine except for the 4 I mentioned. I did check that the amps were seated properly, that was my first guess. Guess my hopes of some small fuse blown are dashed.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/27/07 09:31 PM
OBT is right, a short across one digital pair will take out the other 3 associated ports, as well. Remove the bridge clips from one port at a time to see if there is one causing the trouble.
Posted By: county wide Re: KX-TD1232-7 Jacks 9 - 12 not working - 09/28/07 04:21 AM
Originally posted by MrJustin:
Originally posted by county wide:
[b] do you have blue screen test that card...
Blue screen? Thought that was a microsoft proprietary feature only. All jacks work fine except for the 4 I mentioned. I did check that the amps were seated properly, that was my first guess. Guess my hopes of some small fuse blown are dashed. [/b]
if you have the original panasonic stock dos programing utility for the td you could pull the amp off
and run a test on the card I just tried it and it took about 2 mins and you get a ok on all 8 ports if they test and it will tell you
right then and there if that portion of the system is bad...also a backup re init and reload
may clear the problem...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help