atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: theodore Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/04/08 09:08 AM
Hello,

Well, I'm in trouble with my PRI30(KX-TDA0290CJ vers. T209) card.
I cannot set it on "INS" value. When I select "INS", port connexion is set on "défaut". I tried many times but nothing has being changed.
I use the RJ45 connector and I think my connection is good. (1=RX+ 2=RX- 4=TX- 5=TX+).
I have a KX-TDA200(MPR:vers.BX & soft vers.3.2002
slot7: BRI8 (Line1 is used as an ISDN line)
slot8: Pri30
I'm in Côte d'Ivoire.
Could you help me to solve it?
Thanks!
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/04/08 09:19 AM
When you say you cant get in service, is the green light or red on the top of card
Posted By: theodore Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/04/08 09:50 AM
When I set it on "out", the top led flashes RED. But when I select "INS", it becomes GREEN and the led just down (NON-SYNCHRONISATION) becomes RED. But when I put down and up the connector switch (down 75ohm up 120ohm), the SYNCHRONISATION led becomes GREEN.
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/04/08 11:35 AM
To be honest, I think since you dont know what the 75 ohm and 120 ohm is about you should get in a trained tech. it is straight forward if you know what you are doing, but a nihgt mare if you dont
Ken
Posted By: theodore Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/04/08 11:42 AM
I know that 75 ohm is for BNC connection and 120 ohm for RJ45. As I use RJ45, 120 ohm has been selected (switch up).
My problem is that: what should I do to get in service when I select "INS" in the command port.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/04/08 02:27 PM
An RJ45 isn't used for a PRI. It should be wired as an RJ48X. Could that be your problem since RJ45 provides only one analog pair?
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/05/08 01:39 AM
The rj 45 is a 8 pin modular plug, the wiring should be the same as a network cable.
The card should come in to service no matter what is connected to the inputs, INS means the card is working on the system. not that the pri is working. for rj45 the switch should be to 120, you could try pre installing it on the prog tool and then insert the card. if the card in slots is not comming into service then thats a problem with the card.
if the card is in service but the pri is not working then it could be the crc4 signal or incorrect wiring.
Posted By: theodore Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/05/08 02:26 AM
Two others questions:
1- Are there any slots (through the 11 slots) where the pri30 card should be or not installed?
2-In which configuration the pri30 card clock is master?
Thanks!
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/05/08 05:05 AM
Depends on software level, any slot except would do but slot 11 was used as option card only slot in versions 2 and lower. but to be safe don't put it in slot 11.

Master clock is for time sync from exchance, it would be the pri but if you have basic rate isdn it could be the bri card.
I still think you should get help from a tech, this should take about 30 min to setup by a trained tech.
Posted By: theodore Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/05/08 12:38 PM
Thank you OBT for your help.
The pri port can get now "INS". But, which parameters should I enter in the programm tools to be able to make and receive calls through my pri line?
I can select line (i.e:line0017), but I can not make calls neither receive.
note: I set "CRC4=Invalid", and the sync light has stopped flashing.
Thanks!
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/05/08 01:33 PM
Is there any red lights on the card now
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/05/08 08:19 PM
The rj 45 is a 8 pin modular plug, the wiring should be the same as a network cable.
No it isn't, not even close. Please refer to the following wiring patterns for clarification. Network cables (Ethernet) have NO RJ designation whatsoever and never have had one.

RJ45 Wiring Diagram Detailed

RJ48 Wiring Diagram Detailed

As you will see by these wiring diagrams, it is not possible to support a T1/E1 or PRI using an RJ45 wiring pattern. I urge you to use the proper RJ48X wiring pattern to save yourself some time.

Ethernet cables, jacks and patch panels might be similar in appearance, but they have absolutely nothing to do with telco network services.
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/06/08 02:31 AM
Ed, the reference to the rj45 is to the plugs on the cable the wiring digram you show is for a rj 45s. we dont use the suffix's here a rj45 is a network cable the rj 11 is a telephone cable we keep it simple here, the cable tipe is called after the plug that is on it not the wiring. see link. RJ 45

The pri uses a standard network cable, sorry about the mix up if you came over here and ask for a rj48 cable you would just get a blank look :shrug:
Ken
Posted By: theodore Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/07/08 03:43 AM
Well, finally my pri card works correctly.
As you said, KEN, it was a problem of wiring.
I used a four-pairs cable and all of the 8 wires were connected into the RJ45 connector. And then I selected the 4 wires which are on the pins 1, 2, 4, 5 to connect respectively to my pri line modem (1 to R+, 2 to R-, 4 to E-, 5 to E+).
Top light green - sync light green - down light green.
I can automatically receive and make calls. Successfull !!!!!
Thank you all.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/07/08 05:42 AM
Originally posted by OBT:
Ed, the reference to the rj45 is to the plugs on the cable the wiring digram you show is for a rj 45s. we dont use the suffix's here a rj45 is a network cable the rj 11 is a telephone cable we keep it simple here, the cable tipe is called after the plug that is on it not the wiring. see
:scratch:
Anyone seen Ed around or has he hopped on a plane to go straighten them out over there.
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/07/08 05:50 AM
help
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/07/08 07:09 AM
And then I selected the 4 wires which are on the pins 1, 2, 4, 5 to connect respectively to my pri line modem (1 to R+, 2 to R-, 4 to E-, 5 to E+).
Well, if that's not an RJ48X wiring pattern, I don't know what is!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/07/08 10:11 AM
QUOTE:
"we dont use the suffix's here" ,

"here" being in Ireland, apparently. Ed, see if you can get a refund on your ticket. They know what they're saying and we know what we're saying, and ne'er the 'twain shall meet. Remember that they speak a different version of english! smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: OBT Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/07/08 01:54 PM
Ed, Lightninghorse, rj45 = all 4 pairs terminated in true integrated technology style. one cable works for all applications. have a box in the back and pick a colour ( English spelling sorry) :rofl: and it works. rj 45,48,xyz :confused: have to get my glasses on to see if it is the right one. :shrug:

If you come over I get the leprechauns at the bottom of the garden after you
:toothy:

:banana: :db:
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/08/08 11:33 AM
Hmmm. Based on the results,I'd say he wired 1 & 2 to 4 & 5 and 4 & 5 to 1 & 2 respectively. IT cables over here are straight thru, 1-1 2-2 3-3 all the way to 8-8. But we have to use straight thru with some Smart Jack wanna-be's from some of the CLECs. And sometimes from DSL modems to switches, routers, and NIC cards. 'RJ45' has an analogy. It's called 'RS232'. Both of them seem to mean whatever whomever wants them to mean. RJ45 = 8P8C. RS232 = 25 pin 'D' connector! That, in my experience, is about all you can count on! Leprechauns! C'mon over to the "SANDHILLS" of NC. They're misnamed. They should have called the "ANTHILLS" smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: theodore Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/08/08 01:22 PM
Hello Lightninghorse,
Just to say that I'm a french-speaking guy and I try to do my best!
Thanks!!!!!!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Trouble with my PRI30 card - 07/09/08 03:20 PM
theodore, you know what they say about French army rifles, ah that belongs on another web sight! smile Off hand, I'd say you may be better off than all we english-speaking folks. Every country has their own spelling, and same sounding, even same spelled words mean different things. "Bloody" comes to mind. Apparently a totally unacceptable expression in the British Isles, in the U.S it just means covered with blood. John C. (Not Garand)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help