atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mmfbcs Panasonic KX TD1232 - 10/14/08 04:22 PM
I have a KX TD1232 system that was given to me by the owner. It worked fine before, however now when I power the system up the extensions do not work. There is no power to them at all. I can get into the program just fine and have enabled the extensions. Am I missing something else that need to be done to cause the extension to work?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Panasonic KX TD1232 - 10/14/08 05:37 PM
Nope. There is absolutely nothing that prevents extensions from working on this system other than their having been mis-wired. Remember that proper wiring of the phones requires two pair to operate. Could it be that you have only connected the phones with one pair?

Also, the station ports come out in three-pair increments, not two pair, so you need to ensure that your cross-connect wiring is done properly.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Panasonic KX TD1232 - 10/14/08 10:38 PM
If you can do programming that means that system is some how works. Check out you 25 pair hang off to make sure its snapped in into connector. Otherwise Ed is right.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: Panasonic KX TD1232 - 10/15/08 12:51 PM
What type of phones are you trying to use? As Ed said, the station ports are broken out in 3-pair increments. An analog single line phone requires one pair (the first pair) to work. A digital keyset requires only one pair (the second pair) to work, but it's connected on pins 3&6 on your RJ11 jack. An analog (proprietary) keyset requires both the first and second pairs. The third pair has a specific and rarely used purpose, but I won't go into that.
If this is over your head, then you need an experienced installer.
Posted By: mmfbcs Re: Panasonic KX TD1232 - 10/16/08 02:24 PM
Thanks All

I forgot about the 3 pair wiring.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help