atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: shackal PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/20/08 01:33 PM
I setup PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 it all works. I do have issue with one thing. We have 4 CO lines coming in. When anyone in the office is in his voicemail checking, people that call from outside do not get busy signal it just sits and rings automatic attend doesn’t pick up. Also when we got someone on CO1 line going thru prompts and in this time someone else calls from outside he doesn’t get AA or VM nothing just rings and rings.
How can I setup VM or PBX to use both of my VM lines (7,15) on ext 165,166?
What is the difference between tva50 and tva100?
If anyone got some idea please let me know
Thank you
Posted By: EV607797 Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/20/08 01:45 PM
Incoming callers are not going to receive a busy signal since the outside lines themselves are not busy; the voice mail ports are simply tied up. Since they are tied up, the incoming calls ring in queue until one of them becomes available to receive a call. This assumes that the hunt group for the voice mail ports are established and set up properly.

The TVA50 can only process two simultaneous calls of any kind, whether inside parties checking messages or outside callers who are calling into the system. It can be expanded to up to six ports, allowing it to process more calls. This requires the addition of expansion cards. Using a two-port system to provide VM and auto attendant services is almost guaranteed to cause problems. It's just too much call volume for a basic setup to handle.

The TVA200 comes out of the box equipped for four ports, but may be expanded to 24 ports. Again, this is through the use of expansion cards. The number of VM/AA ports that you decide to equip will detract from the number of available station ports on the phone system.

Regardless of the voice mail/auto attendant system, the phone system must be configured so that the VM/AA ports are arranged in a hunt group. If the CO lines are only programmed to ring to one of them, then only one call can be answered at a time.
Posted By: shackal Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/20/08 02:11 PM
Thank you for information that clears up some things for me. I do have one more question on hunt group assignment. To be honest I have no clue on this and how to set this up. Right now we got VM1 – 165 and VM2 – 166. When I call to any of this extensions from inside it works nice. How can make AA to work when someone from outside calls? Right now it doesn’t work.
Thank you
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/20/08 03:33 PM
I see a problem here... you said how can you get the voicemail to use both of your lines (7&15)? You should be using 7&8 or 15&16, as pairs. It sounds like you've only got one extension port assigned as a voicemail port. You never will get any back up coverage that way.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/21/08 05:08 AM
In order for AA pick up calls from outside you have to set up calls to ring to that Hunt Group 165 immediately or Overflow to that Group after certain amount of rings. Immediate Rings i comm. 600 range and Overflow somewhere in 100s.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/21/08 06:51 AM
Vad60,
There is no overflow on an 824.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/21/08 10:09 PM
Kevin,
Probably its another name for it but meaning is the same. I don't do Panasonic much.
Posted By: shackal Re: PBX-KX-TA824 with VM-KX-TVA50 -AA?? - 10/22/08 09:35 AM
Thank you all for the help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help