atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 94astro 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 12:42 PM
I'm gonna installing a bunch of these soon for the first time. Have any of you installed them before, if so how are they wired? I know you need four digital extensions to each one but that's about it.
Posted By: OBT Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 12:57 PM
what are you fitting them to, what system
Posted By: 94astro Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 01:12 PM
Sorry, tda600. I can't find any documentation of them on the dealer website.
Posted By: OBT Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 01:22 PM
It will have to be the latest rev,(did not think it was available for it yet though, only the tde/ncp, may be out in the USA) I haven't done one , but at the ncp launch they came up. as far as I know you connect up to 4 extensions and like the 2 ch cell that connects to the digital ext card it detects it is a dect cell. it will eat up extensions if you have to fit 2-3 of them.
Let us know how you get on
Posted By: 94astro Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 01:56 PM
I just upgraded the 600 to version 5 and now I see the cell sites coming up. I'm setting the system up on our bench right now, the install is in a few weeks.

We're putting 30 of them in, no joke, 120 digital extensions! It's for a huge convent/convelescent home where they want everyone to have a cordless. Should I pray that this goes smooth or am I covered since I'm gonna be surrounded by nuns? smile
Posted By: OBT Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 02:48 PM
it must not be a silent order then, how many dect phones will they have for that many 8 channel dect cells
qood luck with it
Posted By: 94astro Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 04:06 PM
About 40-50 cordless phones, 7695's. The Mother wants good coverage throughout the property, so there was no way we could get away with 2 or 4 channel cell sites since they congregate in common areas often, the more channels the better.

I found out how to wire them, terminate them T568A on a cat 5 jack, then terminate them normally on a 66 block on the other end. Then jumper four digital extensions to the cable.
Posted By: OBT Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 04:55 PM
Good to know, thanks. hope it goes well for you
Posted By: 94astro Re: 8-Channel Cell Sites - 11/08/08 06:36 PM
Thanks, I'll post the results in a while.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help