atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: drobertscor KX-T1232 - 02/10/09 10:19 PM
Config question. New to this products admin. Can you change Jack/Extension assignments? The manual says you can. I have a basic system 16 jacks and 16 extensions. My user moved her location bringing her phone with her. Old location Jack 04:Ext 104 to Jack 10:Ext 110. Her feature buttons now reflect what was on the original ext 110 phone (7130's). I know I can move the wiring or reprogram the features at the phone. What is the best way to move her phone and carry the programming with it to the new ext?
Posted By: KLD Re: KX-T1232 - 02/11/09 03:38 AM
Swing the x-connect.

welcome to the BB. You might want to indicate whether it is a KXTA or a KXTD. (I used the type of set to figure it out). Simple is easier....reprogramming is just going to mess up the system. Keeping the port to jack the same means no record keeping.

No computer needed. No software needed. No problems.

See Ya.
Posted By: drobertscor Re: KX-T1232 - 02/11/09 08:48 AM
Thank you, I'll move the wires. My Curiosity as an old tech, I would still like to know if changing the jack to ext tie is possible. Manual says yes. How do I get a config dump from these KX-T123211D systems? Appearently the 7130 feature button settings are stored in the system.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KX-T1232 - 02/11/09 10:14 AM
Yes, the settings are stored in system programming.
The field to change Ext. numbers is 02
but again we highly recommend simply changing the cross connect and leaving that field alone.
-------------------------
MrG
Posted By: drobertscor Re: KX-T1232 - 02/11/09 12:52 PM
Thank you guys,

Is there an easy way to get a system config dump or some type of backup? Failure recovery?
Posted By: kahluawire Re: KX-T1232 - 02/13/09 05:43 PM
If you've got a laptop with a COMM port use Programmator. It will backup the settings and let you do the software changes EASILY. It's not a lot of money either, but finding the right cable can be troublesome.

Be careful about pushing those settings back into the system though, it can sometimes (but not too often) make working systems not work so well since it is third party software and there are several versions of each system.

On the other hand, there is software that the certified dealers have that works a LOT better.

Be careful!
Jason
Posted By: drobertscor Re: KX-T1232 - 03/26/09 08:52 PM
I've made my own cable and dumped the configs to hyperterm for archiving. I will purchase Programmator to try it. Anyone know if the original management app from Panasonic is available for download?
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: KX-T1232 - 03/26/09 09:44 PM
Was there ever a programming app for a 123211D? I'm not aware of any. There also was no certification requirement when these things were in vogue.
Posted By: ictelco Re: KX-T1232 - 03/31/09 01:10 PM
Kevhawk, believe it or not there were a couple of versions. I didn't ever use them but I remember you had to flip the program switch on the side of the ksu from the middle position of run, to the down position instead of the up position for tel set programming, and the catch was the entire system was OFFLINE while you did the programming! Also note there was a power supply/capacitor issue that when the system got aged, if you turned the system off to reboot, or simply lost power, the system wouldn't power back up. I'd start budgeting for a replacement system.
Posted By: Galactic Re: KX-T1232 - 03/31/09 06:36 PM
last time I used Programmator it corrupted 2 of my systems had to reprogram them. Then read how many other people had problems with the russan built product. Something todo with power differences. Anyhow I would suggest finding the dealer software.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: KX-T1232 - 04/08/09 09:16 AM
Actually I never had any "programmer tool" There was a book about EIA programming.
Procomm or hyperterminal would work @ 300/1200 on a null modem. Flip the switch, the system goes down, enter a few times, then codes to get into interactive mode adn more importantly help. Then you need the codes from the book to make your changes. Typically programming off the phone WAY easier, but having the data dump was very valuable.
Posted By: 94astro Re: KX-T1232 - 04/08/09 04:43 PM
If you're a dealer you can download programming software on the website for the td816 and 1232, added to the website in '08 for some reason. Never used it though.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: KX-T1232 - 04/09/09 11:14 AM
I believe he's talking about the earliest version. The 123211D, not the TD series.

There was no "programing tool" that I ever found. I think what you are looking for is the 123211d remote programming manual.

You used to be able just to slap a modem on the RS232 to do remote access via Procomm or hyperterminal.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help