Here's the Scenario:

A Caller calls.
Rings 4-5 Times, Service Greeting 1 plays with Ext. choices

Caller selects 1.

System Plays "Transfering you to John Doe... Please Wait a moment"

Silence! No call progress sound, Nada!

Inside, John's phone extension rings 4 times, but he doesn't answer

More Silence (for Caller)

By this time, Caller assumes call is disconnected as there's was just silence!

Then Finally John's Greeting Plays.

The PBX is a KX-TA824. I've had this problem with other Panasonic units before and I guess Panasonic is no good with their default settings because these delays should never exist!
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/18/09 06:26 PM
Thinkster, you need get to some music or a message on hold player.
The 4 or 5 rings before the auto attendant picks up can be adjusted.
Also the call forward time can be adjusted.
--------------------------
MrG
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/18/09 07:15 PM
Thinkster,
Methinks you need to learn how to program a phone system... one of the settings for this system allows you to set a tone for callers on hold, so they know they haven't been disconnected. Believe it or not, it's in the manual...
Posted By: Dalavar Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/19/09 07:30 AM
Not sure about the 824 but the TD and TDA can be set for ringback tone on transfer instead of MoH so when the VM is trying the extns you get ringing instead of silence
Posted By: MrGemini Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/19/09 08:30 AM
Yes, the TA824 does offer a tone as Kevhawk stated above.
Thinkster, the tone setting is default, maybe it was changed?
Check field 111 and again, it is in the manual.
---------------------------
MrG
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/19/09 07:42 PM
No xfer ring back tone on 824. Just on hold tone as Mr. G & Kevhawk suggested.
Posted By: Thinkster Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/20/09 02:26 AM
Yes, I have the manuals. It gets confusing because there is like 5 manuals and sometimes I don't have time to go through all of them to figure out which once it's in and where, and what they call the particular feature compared to what I call it. Anyways, I figured out on the PBX programming to set MOH source to 'Tone' which at least now gives the caller some sort of call progress indication. It's not a traditional ring sound as it should be, but I guess it will have to suffice for now. I tried to convince the customer to get a CD player or install a soundcard in a nearby computer and have a playlist to provide a sound source for real MOH, but they didn't want to do it.
So now caller hears a cheesy call progress sound while internally the persons extension rings about 4-5 times. After the 4th or 5th internal ring at the desk, the caller hears a little silence before the voicemail kicks in. Is there a way to eliminate this delay? Also, I want to shorten the amount of time it attempts to ring the extension before it goes to their voicemail.
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/20/09 02:41 PM
Sounds like someone did not do their home work before the sale. (Not pointing fingers, whoever sold it)
An 848 would be more appropriate. It would provide Ring back on Transfer, as do most other Panasonic switches. The 824 is the bottom end of the spectrum.
Depending on the timer settings, the call can be forwarded by the phone system to the VM or if the no answer timer on the TVA is shorter than the call fwd timer in the 824) the VM (if set for supervised transfer, this is default) will pull the call back and drop in mailbox.
Posted By: Thinkster Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/26/09 11:28 PM
Customer was looking to save money when they bought the system. I'm used to working more on the 1232 units, but got stuck handling this setup.
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/27/09 07:58 AM
Had a customer tell me the other day they were going to demand that their Direct Buy rep procure a Panasonic system for them.
They can buy for 1/3 of our bid. :rolleyes:
Posted By: EV607797 Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/27/09 08:09 AM
Sure, they can buy the hardware for less money, but that doesn't include labor, connecting blocks, cables, programming or the warranty/support.

Hey, I can buy a house at Lowe's for 1/3 the price too, but it doesn't come assembled.
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA50 Problem! Please Help - 08/27/09 02:50 PM
They are just like The Cowboys coach Jerry Jones.
"I can take any of 100 guys off the street and make them a Super Bowl Coach. (Who needs Jimmy Johnson)?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help