atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bogaard Panasonic tech support wait times - 11/06/09 05:16 PM
I called Panasonic tech support today on a tda100 dss console issue and was on hold for almost an hour before I got help. I have only had to use support a few times but every time the wait is at least 45 min. no matter the time of day of day of the week! Is this normal? I don't know the level of dealer the boss is, that may be a factor? I'm not the impatient type but I could fall asleep (or figure out the problem myself) before I get to talk to someone. Is this the norm?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Panasonic tech support wait times - 11/06/09 06:24 PM
It has been that way as long as I can remember. What is even better is that you are usually greeted with attitude or their proverbial "default the system" solution.

I loved when they came out with a toll-free dealer support number and PIN. That usually cut the hold time (and attitude) in half, but it didn't last long.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: Panasonic tech support wait times - 11/06/09 07:00 PM
Well Panasonic tech support has cut back over the last few months. They are at about 1/2 staff from what they used to be, with distributors like Jenne and TeleDynamics, picking up the slack. The few times that I need tech support, I send an e-mail and wait for them to respond...
Fortunately, I have been able to figure out most issues and I have a few trusted individuals to call on if I get stumped.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Panasonic tech support wait times - 11/06/09 09:09 PM
Teledynamics is good.
Posted By: Bogaard Re: Panasonic tech support wait times - 11/08/09 06:52 AM
Our company gets their Panasonic equip. from Graybar. (Very little if any support) I doubt teledynamics will give support if equip. purchased through another dist. Can't blame them.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Panasonic tech support wait times - 11/08/09 08:55 AM
To me most Panasonic are well documented in the Install, Features, Operating manual.
They need to be read thoroughly.
Like many systems, if there is some specific sequence of events that you must have for an application,
it's best to check it yourself in the shop or customer site.
Sometimes features are added and they have no clue, they know it works but have no idea of the details.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help