atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: berkinet KX-TA824 station loop voltage - 11/09/09 09:53 PM
I have a KX-TA824 and am using a USB to phone interface from Parliant. The interface generally works ok. But, since I have placed the interface on a station line it no longer receives caller-ID. I am reasonably sure the problem is the difference between the station line voltage and regular POTS line voltage. On my PBX I measure ~-28v tip to ring.

I had pretty much given up getting any resolution - the vendor says their product is intended for CO lines - and then I found this forum.

So, my question is... Has anyone succeeded in finding a way to "adapt" -48v devices to work on a station line like on the 824, or "adapt" the station line to provide -48v?

Any ideas appreciated.

Richard
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: KX-TA824 station loop voltage - 11/09/09 11:31 PM
Gees if the guy that built says it's to be used a certain way, maybe thats what they want it to do.
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TA824 station loop voltage - 11/10/09 12:17 AM
If the phone works I don't see why it would affect CID
what format does it receive CID dtmf or fsk
don't know the unit you are using but if it is using the ext as a standard telephone you have to turn on CID to slt on the system
Posted By: berkinet Re: KX-TA824 station loop voltage - 11/10/09 11:30 AM
Thanks OBT. I believe I have isolated the issue to the line voltage. The USB interface works on CO lines, and a standard analog set with CID works when hooked up as a station. For this application, the USB interface is connected directly to the PBX as a standard 1-pair SLT, not as a PT.

I am pretty sure there is no resolution to this problem, but, given the depth of experience on this board, I figured that if there was an answer (like some obscure PBX option), this would be the place to find it.
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TA824 station loop voltage - 11/10/09 12:47 PM
the only way I know to up the voltage is to put a battery in series with the extension and the telephone, normally used to boost the distance on an extension on a long line. Do this wrong you will blow the system.
I am not advising you do this, just telling you this is what was done before IP extensions took away the need for distance on tie lines,
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help