atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne TVM-50 - 11/11/09 04:50 PM
I need some help please. I am programming a TDA 30 and a TVM-50. I am installing it in a mall.The customer wants to have the VM answer the calls and allow the caller to dial by name of the stores and give the stores telephone number. I have been doing some programming set up a mailbox 201 for Safeway. In the greeting I recorded the name and the telephone number. That works great but the mailbox fills and soon the greeting will not play as it says that the mailbox is full. There is 35 to 40 stores, I had thought about CS but then dial by name won't work.I called the customer and said basic they are using the VM as 411 directory assistance. Is there any way to set a MB as an information only and not store messages. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 05:18 PM
Why don't you make them information only mailboxes, set them all so you can't leave a message.
------------------
MrG
Posted By: brokeda Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 05:30 PM
In the Personal Custom Service of each box make all digits to Xfer to main CS.
Set no DTMF to disconnect. Set New and saved message retention to 1 day.
End of each msg say Press x to return to the main menu.
And why not use Call xfer disconnect and have the system transfer the call and eliminate all the fuss for the customer?
in that setup , Pick a digit and select Xfer to outside number. Give location and hours then option to press 3 to be transferred.
Posted By: brokeda Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 05:36 PM
I don't think TVA has info boxes. Don't know bout TVM but figure they are the same. Above is only way I know. But then I am gettin old!!
Posted By: MrGemini Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 05:48 PM
I believe in both the TVS and TVA you can set the "message reception mode" in each mailbox.
It's probably set now to "leave a message" mode.
Not sure but I believe this can be changed as I remember a service call where 1 mailbox wouldn't take any messages and this is what was changed.
-----------------------
MrG
Posted By: brokeda Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 06:37 PM
I think I remember that also now that you have Massaged my feeble memory. Have to try it.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 07:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the message reception mode? Is it in the COS or in the mailbox settings. Thanks again.
Posted By: brokeda Re: TVM-50 - 11/11/09 08:47 PM
in the verbal instructions of the box.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help