atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wi phoneman Static discharge - 11/24/09 07:16 AM
I have a customer using a KX-T7731 telephone who is getting static shocks on her chin when she answers the phone. Besides being an unpleasant experience for her she is ruining the telephone. I've ran into this before but never that it took the phone out. After this happens the phone has very low talk volume and it is not the handset. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Static discharge - 11/24/09 07:29 AM
Put two teaspoons of liquid fabric softener into a spray bottle filled with warm water. Spray the entire carpeted area around her desk with the mixture and have her repeat this every few weeks. Also, try to encourage her to wear shoes that do not have leather soles. Just the mere shuffling of feet while sitting still is enough to build up a static charge.

I know it sounds like a joke, but this is a common problem with very few easy answers.
Posted By: justbill Re: Static discharge - 11/24/09 07:47 AM
They also make anti static sprays for carpets. Or have her get a humidifier.
Posted By: wi phoneman Re: Static discharge - 11/24/09 09:01 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I will run your suggestions past them again.

wi phoneman
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: Static discharge - 11/24/09 10:51 AM
I had this happen with a Mitel 3000 system. The static discharge knocked out all the phones on the expansion module. They haven't had a problem since they have run a humidifier during the heating season.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help