atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bubble KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/11/10 10:00 AM
Hi all, just wondered if anyone can help?? Installing TDA 100 this week about 4 1/2 hours away so i wondered how easy it is to set up remote access?? The site will have ISDN 30 so can i use a DDI? Also do i need to install any cards to make this work? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Posted By: Bopper Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/11/10 12:56 PM
You will need the RMT card, in the USA anyway.
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/11/10 03:40 PM
You don't need any cards for remote programming with isdn. But you need isdn at your end and a capi 2.0 modem.
Posted By: Bopper Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/12/10 07:52 AM
Originally posted by OBT:
You don't need any cards for remote programming with isdn. But you need isdn at your end and a capi 2.0 modem.
Is a capi 2.0 an external modem?
Posted By: Bopper Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/12/10 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Bopper:
Is a capi 2.0 an external modem?
Never mind OBT. I did an internet search and found the answer
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/12/10 12:19 PM
Sorry Bopper, had to go out, only back now.
you can put a modem in for a 56k modem as well, but the ISDN is quicker.
don't know why you need a capi modem, think it is for extra security on remote access
Posted By: bubble Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/12/10 02:04 PM
Cheers guys for the info, OBT would i install the capi modem where the phone system is?? Forgive me if it sounds stupid but ive never set it up before, is there any info i can get on how to set it all up? Sorry if im taking the pee, heading to Plymouth in the morning. Cheers
Posted By: bubble Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/12/10 02:04 PM
Cheers guys for the info, OBT would i install the capi modem where the phone system is?? Forgive me if it sounds stupid but ive never set it up before, is there any info i can get on how to set it all up? Sorry if im taking the pee, heading to Plymouth in the morning. Cheers
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/12/10 03:08 PM
no you need the modem in your office. if you dont have ISDN in your office, you will have to get the remote access card and use an analogue modem in the office
Posted By: bubble Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/13/10 02:35 AM
Thanks OBT, we have isdn 2 at our office so that should work hopefully. Will program a ddi in the maintanence section, it already has a default floating extension number assigned for remote isdn connection, is there much more programming required at the phone system end?
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TDA 100 Remote Programming - 01/13/10 12:44 PM
no assign a ddi in day/night/lunch/break mode to ext 699.Capi modems are not easy get and will need a com port on the pc. you need to install capi software on the pc, it should come with the modem
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help