atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV DBS and TVA50 - 02/01/10 09:46 PM
Installed a TVA50 on a customers old DBS72 today(with 6 analog ports and inband signalling, haven't done that in a loooong time). They had an Amanda that was slowly dying. I'm mostly happy with the install but couldn't figure out one thing on the DBS. Was trying to program a one-touch voice mail access button but just couldn't get it to work. I need it to dial the vm group dn, 600, then dial #6* and a 3 digit extension number. I was only able to get it to dial 600 then #6. Never knew the DBS very well. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: DBS and TVA50 - 02/02/10 04:49 PM
You should be able to accomplish this with the appropriate digit strings programmed to a speed dial bin on the DBS.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: DBS and TVA50 - 02/03/10 07:51 PM
In reading the manual, it seems to indicate a limit on number of digits it will dial(3), and if you need more you have to link speed dial bins. Seems kinda useless to have a digit limit. I can enter the entire string when programming, but it definitely only dials the 3 digits after the vm group dn. I'm using personal speed bins, should I use system speed bins? Does it make a difference if I use a lighted button versus a non-lighted button?
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: DBS and TVA50 - 02/03/10 08:18 PM
Timing is everything. I'm back at a long term client that had the same situation.

A long time ago, they had an Active voice that was replaced with an Amanda. It too needed more digits than the DBS would give me.

My fix was to chain-dial 2 buttons for VM access ACCESS

on/off
prog
pick a button X (usually 9 or 4, but be sure no one changes this one)
redial for pause
* ext #
Hold
(maybe add xtra pause @ start and between * and ext no.)

on
prog
button you want to use for VM access
conf
Auto
500 to vm
auto
90+ the X button
#
Hold

I presume you got the follow on ID, and forward thingies done already.

Always have enough fun to spread around.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: DBS and TVA50 - 02/03/10 09:05 PM
Not sirius, is the # in your example part of the programming step? I might have been missing that.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: DBS and TVA50 - 02/04/10 10:40 AM
I think the last # was only for the Amanda end of file marker.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help