atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: robc Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/18/10 12:01 PM
Hi.
Is above possible after a set length of time?
7775 / 824 / TVA50.
Posted By: robc Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/19/10 05:26 AM
You know this is such a stupid question, no need to answer. I just wanted to know if doorphone to voicemail functionality would work. I think it wont as the doorphone isn't classed as a station on the PBX.
Posted By: DrummerBoy Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/19/10 03:40 PM
If you have a spare co and station port, you can do this on almost any system. Assign doorbell ring to an unused station port, connect that station port to an unused co port and you can now treat the doorbell ringing as an incoming co call. This is actually very useful if you want notification while you were away, etc...
Posted By: robc Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/19/10 04:48 PM
Hi DrummerBoy thanks for the lead. I have 3 cos free.
With this method, I am a little confused as to how I can still have the doorphone ring the extensions it needs to as well as the spare extn you mention, yet still have it route to VM if doorphone is unanswered.
Am I overlooking the obvious?
Posted By: johnp Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/19/10 05:29 PM
DIL the co to a second unused station that is forwarded to v/m on busy/na. Station one should then answer the door phone by the mailbox for station two if it exists or main greeting otherwise.
Posted By: robc Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/19/10 06:26 PM
whoosh-------->
[HEAD]

Hi johnp. thanks!
So I need 2x free stations for this to work. I shall digest your info. I'm begining to understand!!
Posted By: johnp Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/19/10 07:18 PM
I think you do to get it to work best.

Door phone is pressed and rings chosen stations (including the looped back STA#1) the system see the incoming ringing on looped CO which is pointed direct to STA#2, because STA#2 doesn't answer incoming co call in forwards and gets answered by voice mail (CO takes STA#1 off hook). Talk path is completed to door box.
Posted By: DrummerBoy Re: Doorphone to TVA50 mailbox - 03/21/10 03:23 PM
You can do just as johnp states, or you can have the co line go straight to vm on a delay ring. You don't need to reprogram the normal doorbox ring. The TVA does trunk groups so once answered, the TVA can treat the doorbox incoming call independently of how you treat normal incoming calls. Ie. send it to a dedicated mailbox, etc...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help