atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bfdatacom D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/20/10 12:47 PM
My neighbor asked me to check out and possibly repair his doorbell. He has a Panasonic D816 switch upstairs which is intact and the downstairs doorbell is supposed to ring his phone. Then he dials 5 and engages the electric strike to open the door. I think he said he can dial a different number and open the garage door. The doorbell assembly itself (downstairs) has totally disintegrated from the moisture at the ocean. The speaker crumbled in my fingers, the button wires were gone, etc. There was a unit connected to it that seemed to be the interface for the power and electric strike. I have a 3-pair CAT3 going up to the switch and two power pairs available for a totally new solution. Any suggestions from the Panasonic experts? I think even a caveman like me could repair this thing since the wires are all in place. The power pairs go all the way back upstairs to an outlet near the switch. He has the door module on the D816 installed already obviously. Ideally, someone would ring his bell, he could converse, and press a button for the door(s) release.
Posted By: brokeda Re: D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/20/10 01:43 PM
you could use any weatherproof speakerbox on an slt port. Viking makes a good one, I think ewp15, volume is adjustable on these also. program a button with strike code 551,552 etc.
but weatherproof is expensive, easy way replace Pan unit with new.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/20/10 04:34 PM
Just put in a new KX-T 30865 doorphone.

---------------------
MrG
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/20/10 05:07 PM
Mr. G and brokeda - thank you both for your rapid replies. If I just got a 30865, could I take it apart and retrofit it to this piece of stainless steel he is currently using (attach speaker etc.)? The door release has nothing to do with this 30865 correct?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/21/10 04:40 AM
Yes & yes.
Use one pair of the cat 3 for the 30865.
The lock would need a power cable and power supply.
The card in the switch provides the relay.
--------------------
MrG
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/21/10 03:05 PM
Mr G. - I am going to order a 30865 Monday morning - thank you and I will let you know how it installs. Thank you brokeda also!!!!
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: D816 doorphone suggestions? - 03/26/10 07:22 AM
KXT-30865 solved three separate problems. I bought three of them. Previous doorphones had totally disintegrated, speakers and microphones rusted to smithereens. One screw, two wires, = working doorbells. Thanks guys.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help