atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mlfairch PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 10:35 AM
There is a KX-TA 824 and a KX-TVA 50 at a small office that I inherited. They were connected via USB to a local PC. The hard drive went bad. 2 questions:

I have the original "Product Documentation, Prompt Data & PC Programming Software CD's that came with the units a few years ago. I know that the software was updated at least once since then. Where do I get updates to reinstall?

When I get the software loaded, can I pull down the info from the systems since they are still working, or am I out of luck if I don't have a recent backup?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
Melissa
Posted By: T-AW848 Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 11:05 AM
Get the software from panasonic btsdealer site. You will have to ask for registration. As for system settings, you should be able to access them unperturbed once you attach USB.
Posted By: mlfairch Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 11:30 AM
Well, I'm not a dealer. I just do repair/maint for several phone systems locally as needed. So there are a lot of questions on the registration that don't apply.
Posted By: OBT Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 11:35 AM
I thought the kxta and tva were not dealer only systems? contact Panasonic, they should give them to you for those products.
Posted By: mlfairch Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 12:35 PM
Ok, I have all the documentation and access to the maint console software. I will load it onto a new PC, connect via USB, and hope it is intuitive from there. I have the passwords. Is there anything else you can quickly think of that might be a show stopper when I get onsite? I'm guessing the maint console will update with the current configuration of the systems.
Posted By: Dalavar Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 02:08 PM
The Maint Console only reads data on the phone system it doesn't store it. You can however make a backup of the data to a separate file.
Posted By: OBT Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/30/10 03:11 PM
if you can connect to the system, and connect to the system, you can use the tool in interactive mode. the only reason it wont work is if you have no usb driver with you for first connection or the firmware is older or newer than the tool
Posted By: mlfairch Re: PC Hard Drive Died - Phone System Help! - 03/31/10 09:57 AM
Perfect. Those are the type of gotcha's I was looking for. You guys are great. Thanks for the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help